Search for content in message boards

Re: Arrington's of Madison County, Virginia

Shirley Jones (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2006 3:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi this message is for( jb clark) I read her message about the Arrington Family of Madison County, Va. Yes, there are Arrington's in the 1880 Census my family lived up the road from Annie and James Arrington and my mother went to school with their children.

I understand that the Arrington's are related to the Twyman's I found out from one on the Arrington's. The Arrington's that lived up the road from my family were light-skinned Mulattos.

My great-great grandmother was Dicey Twyman from Twyman's Mill, I don't know how they were related but I heard that they were.

Please give me the names of older relatives who may have more information.

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 7:48PM GMT
Hello:
There was a Dilly Arrington who married a Beverly Tate in 1811. Are you related to Dilly? I am related to Beverly.
Interested in getting n touch regarding the family
Yvonne

Posted: 9 Jul 2008 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Arrington
Hi, I am also looking for Arrington's in Madison County VA. My census info from 1900 for a Samuel Arrington h/w Nancy E. children Frettie, Basil, Samuel and Anne? occupation Blacksmith. There seem to be a alot of Arringtons in this area hoping to find more info Met some folks in Harrisburg PA related to Arrington's too!

Thanks

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 7:21PM GMT
Didn't follow the Arrington family because it appears that the Dilly Arrington who married Beverly Tate(my ancestor) in 1811 must have died because Beverly was next seen in another location without her. I don't know if any children came of the union. There is/was an Arrington man living in the Madison area who may be a good contact. At one time he was affiliated with the Madison Historical Society.

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 3:58PM GMT
Thank you so much for your rely.

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 4:02PM GMT
Hi, just read your post. I am looking for Arrington's of Madison Virginia, The 1850 Census listed Samuel Arrington and a Milton Arrington. The 1880 census listed Samuel Arrington and h/w Nancy and several children. The occupation of both is Blacksmith.

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions