Search for content in message boards

Shoshone-Bannock info

Shoshone-Bannock info

Tiffany Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2002 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2005 3:04PM GMT
I am looking for any info on how to go about getting my husband registered with the Shoshone Bannock tribe. Any help you can give me would be great. Please e-mail me.

Re: Shoshone-Bannock info

Posted: 9 Aug 2003 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2003 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Broncho, Martin
I would like this information also for my granddaughter. She is of this tribe. We have some genealogy info on her. Great granddaughter of Alfred Broncho and Marie Martin. Hope you get some information.

Re: Shoshone-Bannock info

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 3:44AM GMT
We have tried to get Whitney registered with this tribe but it is vitually impossible. Her father is 7/8 Banock Shoshone and was born on the reservation at Fort Hall. We have been told that Whitney needs to be 1/2 Bannock Shoshone or should be born on the Fort Hall Reservation. She is neither. Her father was 8/8 Shoshone and she wasn't born on the reservation. His father was born in Mexico. We were told years ago it was easier but now everyone wants to be Indian because they have so many government advantages like college tuition and stuff. I know her father gets yearly checks from the tribe but he is not much help with her. We had a DNA done and he admits he is her father and we have done all the genealogy, but we have worked on it for about 15 years. If you ever find out, please let me know. Her Grama, Sandra Gilbert.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions