Search for content in message boards

Stewart family - Reading, Massachusetts - late 1800s to early 1900s?

Stewart family - Reading, Massachusetts - late 1800s to early 1900s?

Posted: 7 Jul 2003 7:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart
My dad's mother was Lucy Stewart. Born approx. 1883 in Canada, came to US (Massachusetts) approx. 1885. Died 1932 in Vermont; buried in Reading, Massachusetts.

I know that one of her sisters was Helen, and that Helen lived for a period of time in the area of Hingham, Massachusetts. Any info on my grandmother or her family would be welcome! Thanks -

Re: Stewart family - Reading, Massachusetts - late 1800s to early 1900s?

April Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2003 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I know my great-granfather's name was Allister Stewart, born in Canada in late 1800's,his wife was Lillian.What do you know? Maybe we could swap info.?!My grandparents name's were Emma Catherine Allen & John Cameron Stewart.Thanx 4 your time.
Sincerely,

April Stewart
I live in Ontario,Canada.

Posted: 8 Dec 2004 8:33PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2005 7:29PM GMT
My Stewart family lived in North Redding MA up to the 1930's?
The men all worked for Otis Elevator Co. William and Mary Stewart are my g grandparents, and McLeod Stewart is my grandfather.

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 12:28PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2013 12:30PM GMT
I just noted your query from 10 years back. I surmise that you are K.,one of Royal's daughters, in my records, I only have LJ married to a Drinkwater and R Jr to an O'Connell. You can see my huge listing of the Spencer Green Stewarts from Reading, MA in the site named Panay Relations 2004, in Ancestry.com. Spencer Green and his wife came from New Brunswick, but the Stewarts were originally from PEI. He was a master carpenter and there are still a few houses in Reading built by him. It seems Leroy had apprenticed with him. His great grandfather Anthony came from Scotland and had initially settled in Newfoundland, then the family stayed 3 generations in Prince Edward Island. Spencer Green's mother Sarah MacLeod came directly from the Isle of Skye to PEI. Lucy Belle's mother was Margaret Allada Crandall Boyd. The Crandalls go back many generations in New Brunswick, the Boyds were more recent immigrants perhaps from Ireland. René Tirol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic