Search for content in message boards

ARDUKANT (ERDUKANT) and OSTROWSKI -Mala Pruska-Suwalki

ARDUKANT (ERDUKANT) and OSTROWSKI -Mala Pruska-Suwalki

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ardukant,Erdukant,Ostrowski,Orlowski
Looking for Ardukant and Ostrowski from Pruska Mala or Mala Pruska I believe it's now called ELK? My Gr.Gr.Grand Father
Felix Ardukant married Anna (HannaH) Ostrowski in about 1884. Ardukant family is very hard to traxk down not many people with that name. He arrived in 1891 states he came from Suwalki. and Anna and One Son Joseph arrived in Jul of 1897. Looking for anyone with any information about this family.

Thank You

Re: ARDUKANT (ERDUKANT)

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 3:58PM GMT
Did you see the arrival manifest for Josephine Ardukant [ship Patria, arrived at port of New York 23 June 1899]? She was 11 y/o (b 1888) and traveling with an uncle, Anton Godlewsky. Both were from "Priczka" and going to Anton's brother-in-law and Josephine's father Fel. Ardukant in Alpon? Mich. The arrival manifest doesn't give the relationship between Anton and Josephine, but the Hamburg departure list does. She was his niece.

-MJ

Re: ARDUKANT (ERDUKANT)

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Ardukant,Godlewski,Gorlewski
Thank you for your response. Yes I have found the ship Manifest and probably need to look it over once. again.. I am trying to fiqure out how Anton Godlewski or Gorlewski is her uncle.. maybe great uncle..Felix was living in Alpena, Mi. and his mother name was Kate(Katherine)Gorlewski and Felix's father was John Ardukant.aah ha .. I might have used my brain a little on that one.. Just seems to be a young to be Kate's brother.

Re: brother vs. uncle

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 4:05PM GMT
I had a similar situation with a relative we thought was likely my ggf's cousin since they were very close in age. Turns out it was his uncle - his mother's younger half-brother from her father's second marriage. Age gaps between siblings aren't that uncommon. My brother's oldest (twins) are only 6 years younger than I am. :-)

-MJ

Re: brother vs. uncle

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 1:44AM GMT
Thank You for the information. Appreciated.

CMIB
Posted: 10 Jan 2010 10:23AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2010 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: Erdukant
Hi Chrissy,
I found your question by Google few days ago. I am a genealogist from Poland. I have researched the family Erdukant for some purpose. I have complete data of them since about 1840 till about 1898 with approximate dates back to the beggining of 19th century and a place of origin.
I set up an account on ancestry.com to contact you. It will be valid till 18 Jan. Please contact me by e-mail poko1enia@wp.pl (note, there is a figure "1" in it).
Jadwiga Kwolczak

Re: ERDUKANT

Posted: 11 Jan 2010 2:14AM GMT
I sent you a email. Thank you for responding to my post. This is Amazing. How did you come across and research the Erdukant Name? Feel free to email me anytime.

Thanks alot,
Chrissy
Posted: 12 Jan 2010 1:48AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2010 7:48PM GMT
Oh sorry. My Email is chrissyives@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Aug 2014 3:42PM GMT
Hi Chrissy,

These messages are quite old - 4 years - but I recently tried to reach Jadwiga without success. Do you have any idea if she is still reachable at the email address she provided? I was given the same one by someone who used her in the past, but I've not heard back from her. It has only been 4 days, so maybe I am too impatient. But I found your posts and figured I'd see if you knew how to reach her. Thanks. Jodi

Posted: 16 Aug 2014 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: Ardukamt
I haven't heard from her in a couple years. What email do u have and I will compare it mine? I do have a paid memberships currently and it won't let me see.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic