Search for content in message boards

Old Hurricane Cemetery

Old Hurricane Cemetery

Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Aug 2001 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Shives, Pope, Harrison
I am doing a headstone search for a person who lives some distance away. Her information is that one of her ancestors, Rachael Harrison, wf of Ludwick Harrison is buried in Old Hurricane Cemetery. I see several references to this cemetery on the Fayette Co. site, but cannot find in in my cemetery lists, nor can I find its location. Would like specific directions to get there if possible. Thanks. Donna

Re: Old Hurricane Cemetery

Posted: 28 May 2002 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Holmes
I have this information:
Lodowick (possible Ludwick) Harrison had a son, D.W. Harrison, b 1838 of Williamson, TN and died in Wise Co, TX in 1880 or 87.

Also- David Wesley Harrison b 1865 Vandalia, IL died in OK. Unsure if they are the same or perhaps relatives.

My Harrison line mystery is that of my great grandmother-- Lena Irene Harrison Holmes. Born in Vandaila IL she lived in Wise Co, TX several years-children born there-- until the family moved to Indian Territory about the time of the land runs. We do not know who her parents were.
Lena Harrison always said that Benjamin Harrison and William Henry Harrison were cousins of hers.

I wondered if the person you were searching for would have these families connected to their own--with the Vandalia, IL location in common.
Please pass along my email address fluds@hotmail.com
or mailing address of PO Box 106 Hanna, OK 74845
if they are interested in comparing notes.

Thanks so much!

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Holmes
Donna,
Did you find the Old Hurricane Cemetery or any stones of the Harrison family?
I am making a trip to that area in about a week with the hope of locating the cemetery and the tombstones. I'll photograph anything that I find in Fayette County, and share it with you if you have a need for pictures.

Since I last responded to your query, I have learned that we are related to Rachel and Lodwick Harrison. Their son David is in our line, then daughter Lena Harrison Holmes.

I look forward to hearing what you have found.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 11:15PM GMT
Surnames:
http://genealogytrails.com/ill/fayette/index.html
this is one webpage that may help you .or ....
http://genforum.genealogy.com/il/fayette/
Fayette Co. IA Historical and Genealogy Societies
Make checks payable to Fayette County Genealogical Society ... Publications For Sale By Fayette County Helpers Club & Historical Society ...
www.rootsweb.com/~iafayett/iafirst6.htm
******Illinois Genealogical and Historical Societies
Fayette County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 177, Vandalia, IL 62471. Ford County Historical Society, P. O. Box 213, Paxton, IL 60957. Franklin County ...
www.rootsweb.com/~ilgenweb/society.htm
email :hana22@swetlandcom.com on her webpage.
Let me know if this helps or go to local library it free.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions