Search for content in message boards

Gross' from Washington,DC area

Gross' from Washington,DC area

Kertia A. Slaughter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 10:34AM GMT
My grandpa, George Vernon "Sonny" Gross, just died last month, and I then decided to do some research regarding my family on his side. Of all the Gross inquiries on this site, I found nothing related to my family. Perhaps there is someone out there who is related to me through this lineage? My Grandpa was the third of eleven children born to George Marcellus and Hattie Burris Gross. Anyone out there find these names to be familiar? Let me know PLEASE!

Gross

Arlene Parker Given (Hughes) (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 6:48PM GMT
My maternl grandmother was a Gross from York,PA. Her history is published in a hardbound book by Masthof Press.

Re: Gross' from Washington,DC area

frances (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Gross, Smith, Dorsey, Spriggs
Are your Gross' kin African-American? Looking for Smith-Gross connection.

Posted: 25 Dec 2001 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 3:41AM GMT
were they african american?

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 2:32AM GMT
Yes, they are African American, but many were/are of a very fair complexion, with eyes of lighter colors, etc. I'm just seeing this after ten years, wow!

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 6:45AM GMT
Surnames: Gross, Smith
My Gross relatives are African American, but from Maryland and Louisiana. My great-grandfather Henry Gross married Mary Smith. They had 13 children--mostly girls. Henry and his siblings were fair in color, but Mary was very dark, so their children and grandchildren run the gamut of African American coloration, and now live in nine different states. We have a family reunion every two years, with each state's family members acting as hosts in their turn.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:28AM GMT
I think we are related. However, we did the DNA with FTDNA in search of kin. Did you? In any case, I've been looking for so long. I would like to talk with you. I live in NJ. Recently met someone on a La blog who also has connections with Maryland-DC area. Can we talk? My number is 973 432 4575. If we are related I would love to attend a reunion. Who were the names of the thirteen children?

Please reach out to me! You can also write to me at :
PO BOX 43713, Montclair, NJ 07043

Re: Gross

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:32AM GMT
Are there African Americans in this book. Where can I purchase the book?

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:36AM GMT
Well that's how it happens! My husband was reunited with his family last year after I got a response from one of his cousins who he never knew- all this as a result of an inquiry about his grandfather ten years ago!

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:44AM GMT
Please reach out to me soon.

973 432 45 75
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions