Search for content in message boards

Michal Stout, father of John Malon Stout

Nancy Stout Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 1:51PM GMT
I'm trying to search my father's family (his name was Oliver Eugene Stout). His father was John Malon Stout who married Connie Cornelia Brockwell. They resided in Carrboro, NC (next to Chapel Hill) and were from Haw River, NC (Scots-Irish we think). His father was Michal Stout but I can't find anything on Michal (wife, children, where he came from). Who was the ancestor who came here from Ireland/Scotland? I live in the Richmond, VA area.

Michal Stout, Father of John Malon

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 9:57AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 7:22PM GMT
Nancy,
I'm decended from John Malon Stout also - through my grandfather, John Walter Stout. I don't have any info going back any farther (yet) but I do have a good bit on more current generations. If you are interested, holler!

Paula in SC

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 2:28PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 8:21PM GMT
Paula, it was good to hear from you. We must be related because John Malon Stout was also my grandfather. We have a reunion every June in and around Chapel Hill/Haw River, NC. Would love to meet you. Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

Nancy

Michael Stout

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 3:54PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 12:24AM GMT
There is a marriage record in the NC archives that shows Michael STOUT married Frances Morris on 11 May 1856 in Orange Co., NC. There is also an LDS IGI file that shows the parents of John Malon STOUT to be Michael STOUT and Frances Morris.

Bill Stout, bstout2@uswest.net

Michal Stout

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:14PM GMT
Thanks Bill, I have that info.. so far that's all I've got though...
thanks again
Paula in SC

John Malon Stout

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 11:52AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 8:21PM GMT
Paula, what relation is John Walter Stout (your grandfather) to John Malon Stout (my grandfather)? Have you visited your relatives in Chapel Hill/Haw River? Also, we recently rec'd a card from Russell May in Lowell, Ohio asking about a soldier, MILTON STOUT, buried at camp Allegheny, WV (the only marker among several graves). He's working on a story about the Allegheny Mountain Top Battle. Any thoughts?

Nancy

John Malon Stout

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 1:37PM GMT
My mother is Mary Joylene who is the daughter of John Walter,the son of John Malon. John Walter (called Bud as long as I can remember) was the older brother of your father I believe. I was born in Burlington myself and my mom's brothers and sister still live in the area. I don't have any info on a Milton Stout altho I think I remember seeing a Milton Stout on the census index somewhere. Tell ya what, email me at pcannon@home.com and let's see what all we've got!
Paula in SC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions