Search for content in message boards

Thurston genealogy books

Thurston genealogy books

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
There are 4 out-of-print books on the Thurstons: Brown, Thurston, compilier. Thurston Genealogies (1635-1880), Portland, Me, B. Thurston, and Hoyt, Fogg & Donham, 1880 ; and his second book -Thurston Genealogies (1635-1892)Portland, ME, 1892; Ancestry of Walter M. Thurston, by J. H & W. M. Thurston, 1894; Thurston, Charles. Descendants of Edward Thurston the first of the name in the Colony of Rhode Island, 1868. These titles are available from two reprint companies either in book or CD form. (email me if you can't find them via your search engine)
Or check out Dawn James' web site: "Thurston Genealogies 1635 and Beyond" ( http://thurston_family.tripod.com ) She's in the process of transcribing the Thurston Genealogies by Brown. Perhaps she would know if any documentation still exists for Brown's books.
There are VT Thurstons going back to Daniel Thurston in my line. My great-grandmother was Ida Thurston Clark who lived to be 98 years old in 1958.

Re: Thurston genealogy books

Posted: 13 Feb 2005 6:39AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2005 1:46AM GMT
Hi there. I just got a copy of Thurston Genealogies 1635-1892 for Christmas. The first edition is available for view at the Vermont History Center in Barre, Vermont, if you're interested.

I descend from the Vermont Thurstons and was particularly interested in your email because my grandmother (a Thurston) married a Clark. I've been having some trouble with the Clark line. Would your Clarks be Clarks in/from Vermont?

Re: Clarks from VT/MA

Posted: 28 Feb 2005 7:46PM GMT
My gr. grandfather Ephraim, b. Moretown, Vt; son of George & Bertha. Geo. born MA Ephraim m. Ida Thurston. What's your line?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic