Search for content in message boards

Family Coat of Arms

Family Coat of Arms

Karl Emrich (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2003 5:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Emrich, Emmerich, Emmerick, Emerick, Emerich
I am trying to locate or develop a family coat of arms, family crest and or any other heraldry information on my last name.

My grandparents immigrated to the USA in about 1920 from a small town in southern Germany, Machenbach, in the Phalz land area. Other derivations of the last name are: Emmerich, Emmerick, Emerich, and Emerick.

If any one can help me, please e-mail me.

Thank you

Karl Emrich

Re: Family Coat of Arms

Steven B. Madewell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2003 11:22PM GMT
I'll email you privately tomorrow morning (before 9AM CST) with some information and illustrations, if I can find any.

Steven

Posted: 30 Jun 2003 6:45PM GMT
Good news and bad news.... Bad news is I couldn't find anything for most of the variant spellings.... Goods news is I did find one coat of arms for a Emmerich of Silesie and Bavaria. It's a Black shield with a Silver Mermaid on it. If you want to see the black and white illustration from Rolland and Rolland's, then ... let me know, okay? Be well....

Peace,

Steven

Karl Emrich (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2003 1:01AM GMT
Thank you Steve, how do I correspond with you privately?

BTW, I do have that mermaid, but I don't think that is the correct crest. I did read a heraldry book that offered a second crest for the EMMERICH from the southern Germany area, Alsace Lorraine area, and since my grandp[arents come from Machenbach, in the Rhine-Phalz area, just east of A/L, I think that crest is more likely from the EMMERICH I ahve been looking for,

Simple crest, three roses horizontal in a silver band, red shield,

But you never know?

I look forward to corresponding with you,

Best Regards,

Karl Emrich
k.emrich@comcast.net

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 1:35AM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 22 Sep 2012 3:26PM GMT
per page