Search for content in message boards

lifke's family

lifke's family

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 4:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: lifke
i would like to know if any one out there who has any information on samuel lifke he was born in 1845 want to know what his father names was and he came from poland, russia too. i have his son named and down the line from there on. if anyone can help me on this one. evie

Re: lifke's family

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 2:52PM GMT
The Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe http;//www.sggee.org has Lifke / Liefke in its databases but your Samuel is not there.

Lifke might also Litke according to our databases but I'm not sure if that is a true variant spelling or if that represents a problem in deciphering the handwritten versions.

The ideal would be to determine a location or at least parish of residence in Russian Poland as it was a big place. Have you found a ship record yet?

Jerry

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: liewke,
jerry can look up this name samuela liewke he marry to emilia hetschel their's son was juliuz that what julius bith copy said in rzeczposoplita polska i don't talk this language.sameula came to the state in 1891 then his wife and the kids came in 1896 to the state. that all i have on them.what i would like to know if there was more kids they had and it they had brothers and sisters too and what was samuela father and mother named was and what they did in that country for livving and also emilia mother and father named and if she had any brothers and sisters too. i would be nice if you could find out i'm also working on grams and weber, hittmann and fleckenstein familys too. some grams are from poland, russia too. the rest of the other family are from germany. i might need you help on them too. any help will be nice to have.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 5:26PM GMT
also there is a louis kraus marry to a lady name rosalia too from the poland, russia, too. i problay will have more last named too. i'm doing my dad dad side and my mother mother and father side of the family which is fleckenstein, hittmann, and weber on my dad side, and the liewke{lifke} is my parter father side and his mother side is the grams.so any thing will help me thank you for you help. evie

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 7:57PM GMT
I think I found your family in our database. Our information does not show them living at Rzeczposoplita Polska which is about half way between Lodz and Warsaw. It is possible they lived there for a time before migrating to the States but that information is not in our records.

Our database shows Samuel Liefke (born about 1838) married to Emilie Henschel (born about 1836). They have 5 children born between 1859 and 1869, all at Notec near Radziejow in Russian Poland. Son Julius was born there 1 Sep 1863.

For all the details, names of parents, siblings, etc. you will have to join SGGEE. Details can be found at http://www.sggee.org/about_us/membership.html

It would be very difficult for me to help with Grams research in Russian Poland as that surname is very common. We have well over 900 Grams in our database. Membership would of course allow you to search for them too as well as any others that might be in Russian Poland.

Just to clarify, SGGEE is not a private company that sells information. It is a volunteer run, non-profit society that uses membership funds to function, run the website, and to actively obtain records (many not available through other resources) in Russian Poland and Volhynia. That is why the membership fee is required.

Jerry

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 3:44AM GMT
jerry i think i have on of juliuse sister i think it is louise lifke born 1881 you said there are four more kids that was born in the time of 1858 to 1860 can you tell me more about them. i know they came on the ship hamgburg-ameika line the ship was called phoeicia and the arrival in dover, ny. does that help u too. what is emilie maidnames was? if you can find that one i would like it.evie

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 12:56PM GMT
I have already provided you with Emilie's maiden name. I have no personal info about the family nor its travels. I have provided tips and clues for you to follow up on and that is the best I can do. I do not offer extensive and detail research for free or for pay. Your best resource will be the SGGEE website.

Jerry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic