Search for content in message boards

James McGuffey, b. 1877 resident of Dallas Co.

James McGuffey, b. 1877 resident of Dallas Co.

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 4:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGuffey, Smith, Jones
I am looking for any information on James W. McGuffey

His World War I draft registration card lists his birthdate as Oct 10, 1877. He was working as a helper in a shop owned by C. C. Jones. C.C. Jones was the stepfather of his wife, Stella Smith, who he married around 1900. I do not have a marriage record for the couple.

Stella and James are listed in the 1900 Dallas, Texas census, in the household of C.C. Jones. I cannot find them in the 1910, 1920 or 1930 census records (have looked for many variations of the name McGuffey).

The WWI draft registration record says in 1918 he is residing at 2112 Wall, Dallas, Dallas, Texas. He lists J.W. McGuffey of Waxahachie, Texas as his closest relative.

There is a John W. McGuffey, wife Josephine, living in Waxahachie, Texas, in 1920.

I believe I may have the death record for James McGuffey (d. 1934), but his birthdate is listed as October 10, 1881. He was residing in Mesquite, Dallas Co, Texas. His wife's name is listed as Clara McGuffey.

Any assistance with this family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: James McGuffey, b. 1877 resident of Dallas Co.

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: McGuffey, Hunt, Brown, Gill
Dallas Morning News
August 18, 1934
Attachments:

Re: James McGuffey, b. 1877 resident of Dallas Co.

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 1:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you. I am still not sure that this is my James McGuffey, but this may help me resolve the issue in the future.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic