Search for content in message boards

ADAMS, Berks Co. Pa.

ADAMS, Berks Co. Pa.

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
Looking for the parents and seibling of Issac Adams born about 1811 in Berks Co. Pa.

George Adams b.1705 near Phil.Pa.

Kathleen Adams Sutphin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: George Adams, M Katherine Dixon, son William Adams m, Susanna Martin
Interested in documenting When did George and Brother
father come to america with a brother who is supposed
to be the father of John Adams . President. and grand
father of John Quincy Adams.

George & Katherine Dixon Adams

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2001 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Dixon
I too am searching for George & Katherine without much success to date. I rescently read in a Bucks Country History, available online, that a brother of Henry Adams named Walter became a Quaker and his children, contemporaries of George and Katherine, inherited from Robert Adams and are named in Robert's will. George is not among them. I've also heard of a Bible that showed a connection such as you are looking for but it was reported burned by a bitter wife who discovered her deceased Adams husband had had a 20 year affair. Beyond that, there is no George Adams on any Chester, or Lancaster Tax list, for any year he is alive, nor have I found him on any grantor/grantee index for Berks, Lancaster, Chester, or Philadelphia Counties. There is no George or Katherine in any will index for any of these counties except George's 1751 Lancaster. As of today, I don't think there is a hard connection to either George or Katherine to any ancestor; some possibles have been entered in LDS records by someone and endlessly circulated after their appearance, but even these could be the result of inaccurate merges. But who knows, one of those LDS sources might be the original and not just a reflection of all the others. If I ever find out, I'll write, and would appreciate the same. SY, BA
Posted: 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ADAMS
I have no additional information. will keep you in mind.
Posted: 7 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: adams
I have talked to the 2 oldest living people in the family and they can shed no additional information of the Adams family in Pa. and Ohio. I am still at it! Thanks! NW

Re: ADAMS, Berks Co. Pa.

Helen Adams (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 2:58AM GMT
Try the Berks County Web site
http://www.berksgenes.org/

Re: George & Katherine Dixon Adams

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 9:55PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 6:02AM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Shepherd, Wood, Eaton, Guss, Parham
I too am looking for the parents of George Adams b. 1708 in PA. Do you know if he was a Quaker? My mother remembers that her family were Quakers. I have traced back to George but I do not know who the first Quaker was. Do you think they go back to Quakers in England?

Please send me anything you have. Thanks!

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 10:20PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2004 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: ADAM
Do you know which county they were in? There is supposed to be a Lancaster co. Will for George ADAM in 1751. I believe NE Lancaster Co had several George ADAM's.

Re: ADAMS, Berks Co. Pa.

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2004 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: ADAM ADAMS ADDAMS
Check around Alsace, Reading area ... there were several ADAM(s) in that area. There is an earlier ISAAC ADAM who was the son of William ADDAMS who founded Adamstown (formerly Addamsberry) near Cocalico in Lancaster Co., PA. Isaac wed the widow of his brother, William, and had several children.

Budd Adams (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 11:37PM GMT
I am a descendent of George's son William and have info on that line. Everything I have is a large order; could you be more specific? I posted that query a long while ago and could not unambigiously locate your e-mail address. I found bjhorne@1qcisp.com after some fiddling. Is that you? SY, BA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic