Search for content in message boards

MCTAGUE/MONTAGUE/MONTAGNE (Mctague ?) - 1820's ?

MCTAGUE/MONTAGUE/MONTAGNE (Mctague ?) - 1820's ?

Posted: 26 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jan 2003 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: McTague, McTagne, McTeague, Montague, Montagne, Montaigu
Michael MONTAGUE (MCTAGUE?, MONTAGNE ?, MCTAGNE?, MCTEAGUE ?) was said to have been born in County WestMeath, IRE about 1828 -- (possibly Streete Parish ?)... -- as ONE of FIVE children in family, born in Ireland. Trying to find records/clues as to his actual birth record and details on siblings there in Ireland ?? Appreciate any help possible. If you have seen this surname/family in County Westmeath, please write.
Thank you!

H.J.Crownover
hjcrowno@apollogrp.edu

McTighe not Westmeath but Leitrim

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:23AM GMT
Surnames: McTighe, Dyer, Dolan, Dwyer, Kilday, Kelley, Duffy
Hi HPCrownover

I have seen the name McTi
ghe as a sponsor for baptism of a Dyer or Dwyer child in townland Crummy, Parish Kiltubbrid, Leitrim, Ireland. It was noted also as a sponsor for the Ed Finn family. He has a web page somewhere on Rootsweb.com. There are also McTighe's in Boston, MA Things I learned looking for other things. That is all I know. My Duffy's are from West Meath.

WESTMEATH DUFFYS ~~ FYI

Dan Drew (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DUFFY, DREW, REILLY
Although I'm not able to help with the question which was posted, I thought I'd chime in about the Duffy name... just FYI.

In studying the church records at St. Matthew's, "Milltown parish" Diocese of Meath, County Westmeath, I came across the name Patrick Duffy as baptism sponsor for my great great grandfather, John Drew, in 1806.

It happens that a picture of that entry is posted at
http://netdirect.net/~dandrew/Genealogy/MilltownRecords.html

Other information regarding the family of John Drew and Rose Reilly is posted as follows:
http://netdirect.net/~dandrew/Genealogy/1806JohnDrew.html
http://netdirect.net/~dandrew/Genealogy/Lakenstown.html

This latter site (Lakenstown) contains two maps and all of the above URL's would be interesting for you to look at if you have not had the opportunity to go visit these places in person.

Best regards,

Dan Drew
Indianapolis

WestMeath McTague/Montague...descendants

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McTague, McTeague, Montague, Montagne, Montaigu
Appreciate your quick response about the Leitrim branch of McTighe. Unfortunately we don't have more details on that name/area since my ancestor, Michael McTague/Montague/Montagne/McTeague ?? - was born in West Meath in 1820's... Thank you! Good luck in your search.
Best regards,

H.J. Crownover

Mctague, Montague

Jane Overton (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mctague, Montague
My father is Edgar Joseph Montague, His father was William John Mctague and his grandfather was Eugene Owen Mctague of Farrelton and Venosta, Quebec Canada

Irish McTague/Montague ?

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Montague, Montagne, McTague, McTeague
What time period ? When did they die ? Where are they buried ? Who did they marry ? Were they originally from West Meath, IRE ? Our McTague/Montague/Montagne... were circa 1820-1840's in Ireland (believed most likely County West Meath) before emigrating to USA. Appreciate your posting. Thank you!

Re: Mctague, Montague

sheenamac (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2005 10:30AM GMT
Surnames: Montague/McTague/McTeague
My ancestors whom I thought were Montague are more likely to be McTague. I notice with interest that one of your ancestors has the middle name of Owen. My gggg-gf was Owen McTague - is this a family name that's carried through the generations. if so, do you have any info on the McTagues.

Posted: 4 Jul 2010 8:24AM GMT
Surnames: McTague, McCambley, Montague
Hello Relative. Sounds strange doesn't it. My father "was" Gerald McTague. His father was Harry Edgar Joseph McTague from Venosta Quebec. His father was William,his father was Eugene Owen. and so on. I have been doing a tree for about a year and a half now. Your the first person I've found that I do not know. What else are you looking for?

Steven Bartlett Christopher McTague

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 6:59AM GMT
Surnames: McTague/McCambley/MonTague
Hello Jane,

I am of the same family you quote below. These are my grand and great grand faters. Please look up my family tree at ancestry.ca "mctague family tree" or you can respond via email to me at stevenmctague@hotmail.com. Look forward to chating with you about family.

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 8:25AM GMT
Surnames: McTague, McTeague
My ggggrand father was Eugene Owen McTague(McTeague) born 1848 and died 1929. He was born of Michael McTague(McTeague) and resided is Quebec area of Farrelton.He Married a Jane McCambley. Is this true with your info?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions