Search for content in message boards

HEALEY/HALEY 1870's Pittston

HEALEY/HALEY 1870's Pittston

Posted: 7 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: Healey, Haley, Kuschel, Leuschner
Looking for information on Bartley HEALEY/HALEY, a miner, residing in Pittston, Luzerne Co. in 1870 & 1880 with wife Mary ? and children Katherine b. 4 Jul 1863, Margaret, Patrick, Mary Ann, Ellen, Celia & William. Katherine (Healey) Kuschel Leuschner died 12 Jan 1953 and is buried in St. John's Cemetery. Anyone researching this family?

Re: HEALEY/HALEY

Posted: 6 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: Healey, Haley, O'Hara
I'am also searching for HEALEY/HALEY from that area, I'am looking for CELIA HEALEY/HALEY who married MICHAEL O'HARA around the 1880's. Any connection, I don't have much more information, they are listed on my ggrandfathers marriage certificate as being his parents. They are from the SCRANTON area. Do you know what year CELIA HEALEY/HALEY was born????

Re: Celia Healey/ Haley

Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:49PM GMT
Surnames: Haley
Celia was 4 years old in the 1880 Fed. census living with her parents Bartley & Mary Haley and siblings in Pittston, Luzerne Co. Guess she's too young to be your Celia.

Re: Celia Healey or Haley

Ellie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: McLane, Haley, Howley
OK, In 1860 Pittston Twp census I have an Owen McLane age 35 and his wife Celia also age 35 living with their child Mary age 11 mos. born in Ireland. They were living in the house with two other people born in Ireland who were named Margaret Haley 35 and Mary Haley 20. My great great grandmothers name was Celia or Cecelia Howley or Haley married to Owen McLane. Do you have any of these names in your history? Help! LOL!

Re: Celia Haley

Olive Kuschel (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 10:03PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Haley
Ellie, I do have a Celia Haley but she is only 4 years old in 1880. Was Celia a popular Irish name? If not they could be related to my Haley/Healeys.

OK

Re: Celia

ellie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:51PM GMT
Hi, thanks for replying. I don't think Celia was a very common name at all. That is why I asked about your Celia. Can you please give me some names in your Haley Healy family? Thanks in advance. Ellie

Re: Haley

Olive Kuschel (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 1:45PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Haley, Healy, Haly, Healey, Carden, Kuschel
Ellie, Here's what I have so far:

Bartholomew Haley b.abt 1839 Ireland m. 3rd April 1859 Mary Carden b. abt 1843 Ireland @ St. Vincent de Paul's Church, Minersville, PA.

Children: Martin Healy b. 15 July 1860
Catherine Haly b. 4 July 1862
(This info from church records - spelling variations as they have it)

Additional Children of Bartley & Mary Haley from 1870 & 1880 census Pittston, PA

Margaret age 15
Patrick " 14
Mary 11
Ellen 5
Celia 4
William 1

Catherine is my ancestor. Her 1953 death record gives father's name as Bart Healey. Her 1891 church marriage record to Chas. E. Kuschel has a C. or E. Maria & Anna Healey as witnesses. This puzzles me since both are female names - perhaps I read it wrong.

Hope this helps.

OK

Re: Healy

eleanorbaldinucci (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Healy, Haley, McLain, McLane
HI, I have a Martin Healy born Aug. 18, 1858 married to Mary Alice McLain. Both from Pittston, Pa. In the Pittston Twp. census I have Owen McClane age 35 and his wife Celia also age 35 living with their child Mary age 11 mos. (They were Mary Alice McLain's parents) They were living in the house with two other people born in Ireland who were named Margaret Haley 35, and Mary Haley 20. What do you think?? Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks, Ellie

Re: Healy

Eleanor (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2001 3:27AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Healey, Haley, Healy, McLain
Olive, Hi again I have a Martin Healy who married Mary Alice McLain in Pittston, Pa. She was my great great aunt. From what I understand they had I think it was 7 or 8 children. Was your Martin Healy from Pittston, Pa? Mary Alice was born in 1859.

Re: Healey

Olive (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2001 4:16PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2008 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Healey, Haley, Healy, Haly, Carden, Scanlan, Gavan, Haven, Haren, Feeny, Browne, O'Boyle
Eleanor, My Healey/Haley family was in Pittston by 1870 but Martin is not listed with them in the 1870 or 1880 census. He would have been only 10 years old in 1870 so he should have been with the family. He was either overlooked by the enumerator or he died as a child.

What I have for him is a baptismal record from St. Vincent de Paul Church in Minersville showing he was born on 15 July 1860 & baptized on 22 July 1860. Parents were Bartholomew HEALY & Mary Carden. Sponsers were Martin Scanlan & Eliza Gavan.

I had written to the church for a record for Catherine Healey (my ancestor) who I knew was born in Minersville. They sent me not only her record but Martin's AND the marriage certificate for the parents!

Sponsers for Catherine HALY bap 6 July 1862 were Thomas Haven or Haren & Margaret Feeny.

Bartholomew HALEY and Mary CARDEN were marr. 3 April 1859. Witnesses John Browne & Cath. O'Boyle.

Note all the different spellings of the surname. In the 1870 & 1880 census head of household is Bartley Haley so even the first name differs. Catherine's death record gives her father's name as Bart Healey.

It looks like there might be a connection with our lines some where. Do any of the sponser or witness surnames ring a bell?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions