Search for content in message boards

Canada, McKnight

McKnights of New Brunswick, Canada

Brian (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKnights, Darrahs, Masons, Darlings
I am interested in McKnights of New Brunswick. My G-grandmother was a Margaret McKnight. She married William Darrah(?) and had at least a daughter - Margaret Otty Darrah wh married a Frank Mason. I have no information on Wm Darrah or Margaret McKnight.

Canada, McKnight

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: McKnight, Halliday, Jardine, Loggie, Forrest, Burnie
Still trying to find anyone interested in the McKnight's from New Brunswick, Canada. I have a lot of information that I could share. I need a link to the Halliday family as the Samual McKnight that we have came from Scotland around 1816 with his wife Elizabeth Halliday and six children and settled in New Brunswick.

Canada, McKnight

Posted: 17 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Jardine, McDonald, Coltart, Fowlie, Dobie
I also have good info on Samuel Mcknight and Elisabeth Halliday and their 6 children. The surname list includes the family names to whom the six children were married. Two married Jardines. My McKnight family is descended from James, born 1810 in Scotland who married Mary Dobie. They had 10 children and names of their spouses included Creghan, Fenton, Russell, Gillis, Jardine, Taylor and Falconer. James McKnight married Annie Russell and they had 9 childre, and names of their spouses included Fowlie, McKnight, Ingram, Williston, Rogers, Wilson and Dykeman. Joseph Russel McKnight married Margaret Alexander Ingram and they had 7 children including my mother in law. This is my direct line of McKnights but I have info on most of the siblings, their spouses and children down through each generation. Jack Cassidy

McKnight Ties

Janet McKnight (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McKnight, Halliday, Forrest, Dobie, Fowler, Jardine, Loggie, England
I'm sure glad that you read our message and have responded. Your family and ours are the same family. Please contact us so that we can exchange information. I'm sure that I have some info that you could use and I know that you have info that I could use. Where do you folks live in Canada? What is your mother in laws full name and when was she born? Who was her father and his date of birth? Do you have the full birth names of the people that you had mentioned and also the date of birth?
We are looking foreward to hearing from you!
Janet McKnight

Margaret McKnight

Posted: 23 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: McKnight
Brian
I still cannot conect your Margaret McKnight and her husband. Do you have any idea as to what part of New Brunswick that she came from?

Re: Canada, McKnight

Mike Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 5:02AM GMT
It seems that I may be the G(x4) grandson of Samuel and Elizabeth via their son Aaron (who married Mary Elizabeth Floyd).

Aaron and Mary's daughter Elizabeth Jane (b.1849-11-11) married Peter "Baldon" (Baldwin?) Youngblood (b. 1848-04-19).

All I know of Peter Youngblood is his possible date of birth and that he may have been born in Alabama - except for that I have no other information at all.

Peter and Elizabeth had at least two children, possibly three, possibly more. I know they moved to Henderson, Rusk Cnty, TX and had two sons, Aaron L., Hiram Peter. This message board shows they may also have had a daughter Susan Emma.

I'm just starting on this line and I have very little to work with so I am asking for any confirmations and additional information to trace the line back as far as possible.

Hope to hear from someone soon - be happy to share what I do have, again - it isn't much.

Thx all

Mike Cooper
mscooper@excite.com

Posted: 25 Sep 2007 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: McKnight, Halliday, Jardine
Jack, I am a descendant of Samuel & Elizabeth Halliday McKnight's son Samuel. He married Elizabeth Jardine and moved to Ohio. I have information on that line but none of the others. Would like to share information with you. I am trying to find everything I can on this line. Nancy Manning, North Carolina

Posted: 25 Sep 2007 9:12PM GMT
Nancy

Hi, my wife Barbara (MacKnight) is also a descendant of Samuel McKnight, 1777-1845, to New Brunswick, Canada 1816. We have some information, in fact we held a McKnight/MacKnight reunion two years ago where some 400 descendants attended here in NB.
We are very aware of Samuel Jr who married Elizabeth Jardine in NB and moved to Ohio in 1836, but we make some contact with descendants in Ohio, but no one was able to attend.

We would like to correspond off line.
e-mail me at millsj@nbnet.nb.ca

Barbara (MacKnight) Mills and John Selwyn Mills

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: McKnight
Hi, I'm a McKnight from Sussex, NB- whataya got?

Posted: 5 Oct 2007 11:59PM GMT
Hi
I know some Sussex area McKnights.
Contact me at millsj@nbnet.nb.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic