Search for content in message boards

Whitley/Wheatley family of Fauquier County, VA

Whitley/Wheatley family of Fauquier County, VA

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 12:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Dec 2005 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Glendenning, Bower
I am interested in communicating with anyone researching the Whitley/Wheatley family of Fauquier County, VA in the 1700-1800s.

I have several collateral connections in my Glendenning and Bower families to Joseph and James Whitley/Wheatley.

Regards, Lisa

Re: Whitley/Wheatley family of Fauquier County, VA

sharon whitley austin (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2004 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: whitley Duncan Williams O'Bannon
I have ties to the Whitley/Wheatley family of Fauquier Co. Va.
I come from Daniel & Susan Duncan Whitley who were married 1800 in Faquier Co. Va. then migrated to Kentucky.

Posted: 16 Jul 2004 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2005 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Glendenning, Bower, Wheatley, Dowdall
Dear Sharon,

I am working with another Wheatley family researcher to share information and would love to exchange info with you on this line.

It is believed that a Daniel Wheatley was the son of George Wheatley (Sr), of Fauquier County who died in Prince William County VA abt 1752, so Daniel is definitely a family name. To which county in Kentucky did your Daniel go?

Please contact me at lpperry@comcast.net so that we can explore these connections!

Best regards, Lisa

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: Wheatley, Lawrence
I wonder if the Daniel Wheatley who married Mary Lawrence is connected to George Wheatley of Fauquier County.

Daniel appears in the Will Book for Warren County, Kentucky on 27 June 1810:

From the Record of Abstract of Wills, Warren County, Kentucky (Will Book A, 1798-1814):
WHEATLEY, Daniel. June 27, 1810/November court 1810. Will. Wife: Mary. Son: Robert Wheatley. Daughters: Susannah Wheatley, Nancy Wheatley, Elizabeth Marr, Polley Butler. Mentions Sarah Bigley. Executors: Robert Wheatley, James Dade, John Duff. Witnesses: James Dade, John Duff, John Beckham. pg 177. (See http://www.allencountyky.com/database/will/warrenwills.html).

Patrick Jones
Alexandria, VA
pljones96@gmail.com

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Whitley/Wheatley and Wright (Allen)
I am also related to Daniel Whitley Through Archibald Whitley. Does any one know if they are Whitley or Wheatley and how they connect. Is John and Ann Marr parents of Daniel. Also looking for information on Elvira Wright (Allen) married to archibald Whitley. Any help would be great.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions