Search for content in message boards

Edwin W right family

Edwin W right family

Tonya Voigt (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 12:27PM GMT
I am looking for Edwin Wright dob 2/07/1871 from Jonesville,Indiana. He died 05/01/1949 He married Gertrude Carpenter also from columbus,IN. His parents were Ruth Shumway Wright she died 2/08/1928 from Indiana and Austin B Wright . I know that Ruth Shumways parents was a Sarah Wells from Indiana and Lorenzo Shumway from New York. He also had a sister Mrs. Walter Welmer from jonesville. He was my grandfather. I am looking to find any family he may have had .
I would like to know the history..
i was told he and my grandmother had a son out of wed-lock. which took place 09/01/1944.
if anyone has any information that would be nice. thanks

I

Ruth Shumway Wright

Posted: 20 Apr 2000 7:07AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2001 8:12PM GMT
Tonya: I can't help you with the Wright family, but I do know that Ruth Shumway Wright was the "Aunt Ruth" that my grandmother used to talk about, and that my grandmother, Ruth Able Patrick, was named for her. When we drove from Seymour, Indiana to Columbus, Indiana, we passed a fork in the road, where Grandma said her Aunt Ruth lived. When we cut off old US 31 to visit family in the country, we passed over "Wright's Hill", named after your family. If you would like more info on our mutual ancestors, the Shumways, please contact me via email,and I can probably help you there. The Shumways are well-researched, and a fine website is available online at shumway.org. You are probably also tied to the Prather family, aren't you also tied in to the Kreinhagen, Able, Prather, and Overman families? Jim Patrick
tambaymar@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic