Search for content in message boards

SMITH Haldimand and Hamilton townships early 1800s

SMITH Haldimand and Hamilton townships early 1800s

Lynn Keller (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2005 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SMITH, IRISH
Jerusha D SMITH was born in 1817 and married William Robinson IRISH probably before 1840. His parents, Daniel and Sophia IRISH, lived in Centreton.

Her records and those of her son both state "Born in Hamilton, Canada." Indications are this refers to Hamilton township.
I have been unable to connect Jerusha to her parents. I notice a William and a James SMITH in the early settlers. I would appreciate any clues.

Re: SMITH Haldimand and Hamilton townships early 1800s

Posted: 3 Jan 2005 12:42PM GMT
From: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

William Robinson Irish - Male
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 17 DEC 1840 Centreton, Northumberland, Ontario

Christening:
Death: 12 DEC 1922

Burial:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Noble Festus Irish
Mother: Lucia Richardson

William Robinson Irish - Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death: 12 DEC 1922

Burial:
Marriages:
Spouse: Martha Polly Bull
Marriage: About 31 DEC 1863 Percy, Northumberland, Ontario

Re: SMITH Haldimand and Hamilton townships early 1800s

Lynn Keller (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, IRISH
Thank you so much. This was the nephew and namesake of my great-great-grandfather, however.

My William Robinson IRISH "Robby" His wife Jerusha D. SMITH b 1817. moved to Brantford Ontario where they had a stagecoach inn and then to Chicago and New Jersey. My last record of him was coming to Brantford at the trun of the century for the "Old Boys Reunion." Jerusha evidently came back to Hamilton for the birth of my William Walker Irish "Willie" in 1843 According to his civil war file. he was raised by relatives. I do not know whether the IRISHES or the SMITHS raised him. or whether they all did. Apparently my Willie went to the states when Daniel and Sophia died. It is obvious that he consulted his older sister Caroline after Jerusha died in 1903 judging by the answers he gave to the pension board. I have no other record of her.

Again, thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic