Search for content in message boards

Wanted Rickman descendant

Wanted Rickman descendant

Amy V (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Rickman,Adair
Wanted any descendants of the Rickman family that lived in Iowa 1860's-1890.Any info is appreciated ,Amy

Re: Wanted Rickman descendant

Posted: 22 Sep 2002 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2005 11:21PM GMT
Hi Amy,
There were a lot of Rickman's in the Monona area during that time. My family Cornelius Rickman born abt 1841 who married Elizabeth Mowery of Ky abut 1863 had seven children. Several of those children stayed in Monona area for some time. There is a professional genealogist in the family who is writing a book on the Rickman line, I am looking forward to it's publication. Hope this helps

Becky (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2002 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Calvin John Rickman
Amy-I'm also searching for Rickmans in Iowa. My husband's line has a Calvin John Rickman born in 1866 in Ida County, Iowa married to a Kate Gosch. That's as far back as we have the info for. Do you think this is the same family you are looking for?

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 3:42AM GMT
This is probably a very late reply, now being 2005, but I have just recently started work on my husbands family from Nebraska. He is related Ethel Stevens, daughter of Thomas A. Stevens and Grace Louise Allen b.1879, the daughter of Andrew Jackson Allen and Alice P. Rickmanb.1861, daughter of Caronelius H. Rickman. Any information on genealogist writing the book on the Rickman line would be facinating. Any other Rickman info would be appreciated.

Cheri Goertz (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2005 1:53AM GMT
Hi Dana, I am a Rickman descendant. I got a forward of your email from another Rickman researcher. My line is as follows: (me) Cheri Fahey Goertz -(my father) Albert William Fahey Jr (grandmother)-Ellen Rickman Fahey -(great grandfather) Adam Rickman -(great, great grandfahter) William Rickman, now for the good part..from here I draw a loss as to who Wiliam Rickman's parents were. So many conflicting reports have come in I can't confirm who William parents are. In a civil war document that I have it states that William (who was under age at the time of signing)was granted permission by his mother (who is listed as a Nancy Ann Rickman) Nothing else has been found on her at this time. The Rickman clan moved around alot, having been the topic of discrimination over the years. Some of us believe that was to fade away without any conflict. I know in some of my documentation that I have an Alice Rickman listed. Will look for you what I have if you choose to want it. I do know that some of our Rickmans have married into black families(perhaps because they have been passed off in the early years as mullato or black) If I am not mistaken there is a lady in Omaha, Ne who is a Rickman desxcendant and I ahve met her, she is a black lady & extremely nice. She is retired now, but at one time was the head of the research department at the Omaha, Nebraska library. Seems to me that she has Alice Rickman listed somewhere in her family tree. Let me know what you think and if you would care for some of my family tree information. There are some original court documentation records at the Onawa, Ia library(where the majority of the Rickmans lived at one time). I have seen those too, unfortunately most of the records are hard to recopy. They are in quite frail shape. Regards, another Rickman researcher..Cheri Goertz

Dana Heller (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2005 6:06PM GMT
Hi Cheri! Thanks so much for your response. My husband is decended from the Rickmans via his greandmother Ethel Stevens, daughter of Thomas A. Stevens and Grace Allen, the daughter of Alice P. Rickman and Andrew Jackson Allen, daughter of (my husbands great great great grandfather) Cornelius H. Rickman son of Daniel Rickman...I think! From what I was told, there was an old story about an Indian heritage in the family, "Blackfoot" or "Sioux", but no real facts written down that I've come across. If you have any information on Alice - I would greatly appreciate it. I am also trying to document all I have found with actual records, so any you may have would be wonderful. So many people had similar names in families - you can easily get on the wrong track if you don't check you facts. And yes, I would also appreciate any information that you'd like to pass along. I am not a professional researcher, just someone with a bad habit (or hobby) and have been working on my family trees since I was a teenager. My email is ldmba.heller@verizon.net. And thank you again! Dana Heller

Posted: 8 Sep 2010 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Rickman, Mowery, Loux, Rickert, Meng, Kelley, Blair, Rickey, Theobald
I am a Rickman descendant through my mothers line. Her father was Ralph Edgar Loux whoses parents were Andrew Jackson Loux and Samantha Elizabeth Rickman. Samantha's parents were Cornelius Rickman born about 1843 in Illinois, married Elizabeth Mowery 4 Aug 1862. I have little else on Cornelius, but I have quite a bit more on his brother John as I have been trying to find out more by going through this collateral line. John was a Civil War veteran according to a letter I received in 1978 from Sylvia Loux Gilbert, my grandfather's sister. Their sister Julia lived with great uncle John for a time after their mother died. In the Iowa State 1915 Census John is listed as a retired soldier of the Iowa 4th Regiment Calvary and his race is listed as red and white. The information I have gotten on the Rickmans in Iowa is quite interesting. My e-mail is njschwind@gmail.com. I would enjoy corresponding and sharing information. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic