Search for content in message boards

BURKITT

BURKITT

Alan Burkitt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Looking for information on Lemuel BURKITT who died 5 Nov. 1807 buried Roxabel, Bertie Co. NC .Willing to share any information with others. Thank You, Alan Burkitt

Re: BURKITT

Betty Hamiltons (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: Burkitt.
Alan: I ran across your message. I have this Lemuel
Burkitt in my line. Will be glad to share info. Let me know
if you are still interested.......Betty

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Burkett-Baker-Cullifer-Baisey
Alan, I am a decendant of Lemuel Burkitt. He was born Apr. 26, 1750 in Edenton, NC, d.Nov.5, 1806(as per my info.)in Northampton Co. NC. Off of Hwy NC 308 between Rich Square and Roxobel, NC. His father was Thomas Burkitt, b.Abt. 1720, d.1798. He and his wife Mary Evans had two sons. William,( b.Abt. 1755 d.1819-1822) and Lemuel. Lemuel and his wife,Hannah Bell had seven children. He and second wife,Prudence Watson had one son, b.and d.1807. What exactly did you need in re. to Burkitt, Burkett? I am 5th great-granddaughter of Rev. Lemuel Burkitt. I grew up in Roxobel, NC, and attended Sandy Run Baptist Church.

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 10:28PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Burkett-Baker-Cullifer-Baisey-Nelson
Betty, Where are you located in reference to the Burkitt-Burkett line?

Posted: 26 May 2004 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2004 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bake, Burkett, Reynolds
Hello. I believe my grandmother was the Rev. Lemuel Burkett's sister. Please e-mail. Would love to compare notes with you as I have been trying to find information for years. Thanks
Posted: 21 Apr 2008 12:18AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR SOME BURKETT'S FROM ROXOBEL.MY GRANDFATHER WAS WILLIAM LEMEUL..... MY GRANDMA WAS MAUDE HARRELL BURKETT.ANY RELATION?

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Burkett
Hello, My name is Dot (Dorothy Baisey Nelson). My grandmother was Hannah Belle Burkett Cullifer. She was the mother of my mom, Bettie Sue.
I grew up in Roxobel, Bertie Co., NC near my grandmother's home, and she also lived with my mother and family the last months of her life when she died Mar. 14, 1953.

Please contact me and I would love to help with my info.

Sincerely,

Cousin Dot B. Nelson

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Burkitt-Burkett
In reference to this email in 2002, I want to update my email address. It is dotgene@charter.net now as of 2008.

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Burkitt, Liles, Blackstone
I am a descendant of the Burkitt line. My GGgrandmother was Milissa (Mildred) Burkett. She was called Milly and my mother said she didn't know whether her name was Mildred or Milissa. Anyway, at age 8 she is listed in the census as Mildred. She married John T Blackstone and had one child. John was killed in the Civil War and never got to see his daughter Mary Elizabeth Blackstone. Mary Elizabeth married Fletcher Liles. Family story is that they were 1st cousins. They can't be, but they can be 2nd cousins. I haven't proven that yet either.
My grandmother was her daughter Ruth Jourden Liles. I'm a little murky on the family history past Mildred (Milissa's) parents. There are too many William and Lemuels.
I wondered if you had more information. Thank you so much.
L Lawrence

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Guard
Maybe someone in this thread can help me. I am looking for "any" connection between the Burkett's and Guard/Gard's.

My third great grandfather was Burkett Guard of Currituck Co. He was born between 1755 - 1774 and died bef. 5 Nov 1832. I do not have a maiden name for Burkett's mother but her Christian name was most likely Abigail. Of course, it's possible there was no relationship to the Burkett's, maybe they were just friends or a respected family.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions