Search for content in message boards

Williams Family

George W Williams

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 5:31AM GMT
Surnames: Williams
I am a volunteer for Hickman Co, and the family you are looking for can be found in the 1850, 1860 and 1870 Hickman Co.

1850 p83 fam 1183 21 Nov 1850: John William age 24 Tn farmer, wife Lucinda 24 Tn(I don't know her maiden name), dau Mary 5 Tn, George 3 Tn and dau Netty.

1860 p69 fam 179 13 Jun 1860: John Williams 37 Tn farmer$300 real est/$128 pers prop, Lucinda 32 Tn, Polly 15 Tn, son GW 12 Tn, Milly J 11 Tn, Wm 9 Tn, John 7 Tn, dau Dicy 6 Tn, son Wright 4 Tn and Amanda 2 Tn.

1870 10thCD Centerville Hickman p567 fam 29 6 Aug 1870:
J Williams 55 Tn farm labourer $200 real est/$100 pers prop,
wife L 45 Tn, dau M 24 Tn, dau MJ 21 Tn, son WM 20 Tn, son Jno 18 Tn, dau D 16 Tn, son CW 14 Tn, dau AM 11 Tn, dau E 5 Tn and son A 3 Tn.
You will see in the 1880 census that the 3 youngest members of the household are grandchildren to Jno & Lucinda; John 3, Geo W 1 and Lula B 8. I don't know who the parents are to these grandchildren.I could not find a marriage for George W in Hickman Co. He was not with parents in the 1870 and not listed in the 1880. Since George W is your grandfather, who are his parents? I have been researching all residents of Hickman Co for almost 10years, following the children and who they married. It has been amazing to me to see how the families are related.My directs are Curls, Flowers and others who settled in Hickman Co in the early 1800's.
Hope I can be of help to you in your search!

Williams Family

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 3:37PM GMT
I am seeking information on the Williams family of Hickman County. J. Williams and Louander Williams are listed in the 1880 census with my grandfather (George Washington Williams) age 1 year, and his brother John-age 2 years. There are other members of the family listed in the census- Mary, Millie, Docia J., Eliza and Thomas A C,. I have been unable to find them listed in any previous cecsus. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN OFFER ANY INFORMATION.
Thank you, Lola

Re: Williams Family

Posted: 8 Jun 2003 11:20AM GMT
I am looking for info on George Williams married a Susan Jones they had a daugther named Susan Dealy Delia Williams,and any children I found George and Susan in Perry County,1900 Census would like to find them in 1870-1880 my Delia married James Jim Robert Oliver,and in 1891 she married Martin B.Buchanan looking for all the info on Williams,Oliver,Fitzgerald,Winters,Curtis,Mallard,Singleton,Capps,Dobbins,families ,Thank you Diana

Re: Williams Family

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 12:40PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2005 8:42PM GMT
Sorry,
The folks you named are of no relationship.
Good hunting.

Re: George W Williams

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 4:49PM GMT
I am looking for info on George W.Williams borned 1838 married Susan Jones brother to Thomas W.Williams ,John Williams i found them in 1850 with parent's mother Dicey,in 1860,1870,1900 can't find them i know they had 7 children,there daugther Susan Delia Dicey E.Williams married 1 James Robert Oliver ,and then in 1891 she marrried Martin B.Buchannan,James Jim Robert Oliver had a son Robert Oscar Oliver,borned 1880 in town called Buffalo,2 girls Mary Oliver,Lera Oliver ,if anybody has info please email me at ladilite345@juno.com,also looking for info on L.T.Fitzgerald,Lewis Wright,James Wright married Elizabeth Fitzgerald and her brother married James Wright sister Mary E.Wright ,married Andrew Jackson Fitzgerald,all info will help.

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 1:04PM GMT
Hi, John Williams (son of Dicey) was my g-g grandpa. John Williams->William(Bill)->George->Alton->Lola

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 1:54PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2003 10:41AM GMT
George W.Williams that was married to Susan Jones was the parents to a Susan Delia E.Williams,my husbands grandfather was Robert Oscar Oliver Buchanan, 1,Husband James Robert Oliver, then in 1891 she married Martin B.Buchanan I found George W.&Susan in ,1860,1870, in Hickman,then found them in 1900 in Perry County,living a few house away from there daugther Delia Buchanan and family,1910 Susan is living with there son Williamd and wife Ida,trying to see if anybody knows where they where in 1880 i have checked thinking maybe he was in Arkansas with his brother Thomas Williams, Thomas son John Frosty Williams was married to my husbands Aunt Etta Fitzgerald,also trying to find them in 1900, any info will help and if anyone out there has a picture of any of the Williams family ,Thank you Diana

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 6:22PM GMT
Hi again,
The George W. Williams who married Susan was a Great Uncle to my Grand father. Seems like this family used the same names every generation. Really makes it hard to keep track of. My grand father was George Washington Williams to. My George was the son of William(Bill), Who was the son of John who was the brother of your George. I do have his pension request he applied for in 1906. It states his wife was Susan and the only thing they owned was a cow and a mare worth 30.00 dollars. It states they had 1 boy and 4 girls who were all grown. It goes on to say a little more but in the end he was denied the pension. I don't believe I followed your George's line down but I wil look. Let me know if I can be of help.
Lola

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2003 10:41AM GMT
Can you please email me a copy of his pension applicant or tell me how i go about ordering one ,i wished i can find them in 1880,i having looking for 5 years for my late husbands greatgrandparents, I found his grandfather in 1920 and his mother and a sister, then i started to go 1910,and hope they didn't moved from Perry County, only found them in Hickman and Perry County his brother Pleasant Williams lived next to them in 1900,it said they had 7 children .that is way i would like to find them in 1880,and they all lived next to Delia E.Williams married a Martin B.Buchannan,and then in 1910 i found Susan living in Hickman with there son William T.Williams , in 1870 George.30,S.25,Susan da.11,William T.son ,3, and then Delia Dicey 68,mother,Susan is my husbands great grandmother her full name was Susan Delia E.Williams,she went by Delia even on her marker put i just meet another cousin on line she gave me the info and now i am waiting on her death Certicate, by any chance i am trying to find info on George and Milly Wright ,and a son named Lewis Wright and wive i know the name of 2 kids James Wright ,and Mary E.Wright she was borned in Dec.1855 , James Wright Feb,1848 , trying to see if he had more children,because Mary E.Wright comes in on my husbands grandmother side Mollie Fitzgerald, was one of many children borned to Andrew Jackson Fitzgerald, and Mary E.Wright borned in Hickman County,Tennessee ,Nov,6,1891, also looking for info on a L.T. ? Fitzgerald and Lorenza Jackson ,so i am looking all thru hickman in 1870 to see if i can find them ,so if you come across these names please let me know and thank you for answering me so fast,and i guess i found another cuz. on line cause they had a daugther named Herretta Etta Fitzgerald, who married John W.Williams son of Thomas W.Williams and Susan Nancy Wright, and thank you again for your help.
Diana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic