Search for content in message boards

Sussex Co., Va. Obituaries

Sussex Co., Va. Obituaries

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fannin
I am trying to locate the obituaries for the following Sussex Co., Va. residents. They lived in the Stony Creek area.

Andrew B. Fannin b. 11 Aug., 1898 & d. Sept, 1960.

William Fannin b. 22 Aug, 1900 & d. Aug., 1987.

George R. Fannin b. 21 January, 1892 & d. Sept, 1971.
(He had a son: George Fannin,Jr. b. ca. 1927)

All three brothers were born at Stony Creek. William & George's last residences were Stony Creek. I do not know where Andrew's last residence was.

I would appreciate any help finding these obituaries. Also, if any one knows what newspapers would have covered the obits for the Stony Creek, Va. area in the 1960's through the 1980's, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pat Fannin

Re: Sussex Co., Va. Obituaries

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 8:57PM GMT
The Sussex Surry Dispatch would have covered obituaries for Sussex County during that time period. Also The Progress Index (Petersburg), and the Times Dispatch (Richmond).

I'm trying to get copies of the obituaries for this family. The microfilm reader at the Library in Waverly is currently out of order, so I have to go to the Petersburg Library instead. I will send you copies as soon as I get them all.

Regina Davis

Re: Sussex Co., Va. Obituaries

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 11:47PM GMT
Dear Regina,

Thank you, again. I was only able to find the news article when Thomas Braxton Fannin,Jr. died in a car crash on Feb. 12, 1967. None of the others were listed online.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Pat Fannin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions