Search for content in message boards

Patrick Brennan m.Margaret Flanagan

Patrick Brennan m.Margaret Flanagan

Patty Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brennan, Flannagan, McNeill, Doyle
Seeking information regarding Patrick Brennan b.1794 m. Margaret Flannagan in County Clare, Ireland. Emigrated to Ontario Canada mid 1800's, then to Onadaga Hill, Pompey, New York. Patrick and Margaret had 11 children--ten of whom are known: Ellen, Celia, Catherine (m.Frank), Julia, Margaret, Rev. Francis, Peter (m.Mary), Agnes (m.Mr. Snyder), Sister Augustine and my grandfather--John Patrick Brennan b.8/10/1884 d.1952. John m. Anna McNeill b.1/4/1889 d.5/30/72. Thank you.

Relatives

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hurley, Flanagan
My great grandparents were John Hurley and Bridget Flanagan
are from Miltown Malby County Claire. I do not know their birth or death dates. My grandmother came to United States around 1916.I have info on my grandmother but not great grandparents. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Flanagan

Barbara Crane (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Flanagan
This is in reponse to Patty Barnes. My greatgrandmother was Bridget Flanagan from Miltown Malby, County Claire. I do not kwow her date of birth, but my grandmother Nora Bridget Hurley was born Jan 31 1899. Bridget did not go to Canada, but maybe it was a sister or cousin.

Bridget Flanagan

Patty Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Barbara,

Wish I had info regarding Bridget Flanagan from County Clare for you. Margaret is the only Flanagan I know of so far. Let's keep searching and who knows what Flanagan-connections we may find in County Clare. Good luck. Patty

interesting

S Miller (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brennan
I have a Patrick Brennan b1784, married to a Bridget Mchugh b1788, suppose they were from Ireland< I have none of that info. I have a Owen John Brennan b1816, married to a Sarah Ramsey b1825. from Ireland, I have a Neil Patrick Brennan b1848, married to a Margaret Keys b1860, this is where I suppose Neil and maybe father and mother immagrated to Canada because Margaret Keys was born there. but no proof.
Any thing look helpful.
SMiller

Brennan

Larry Brennan (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brennan, Gilligan, Hartigan, McMahon
My great grandfather was John Brennan Born 1811 "Ben Hill" Parish of Clondagad Craghbrien (Tiermaclane) Co.Clare
who married Bridget Reily approx 1860 had 5 sons & 3 sisters Patrick no details, John no details, James Born
1872 I have full details on his family, Martin my Grandfather
I also have full details on him.
The Gilligans Lime Kiln Clare Road, Ennis, Co.Clare.
Michael Gilligan & Eilen Garvey married 6/3/1848,
Children, Michael, John,Elizebeth & Mary (Twins) Michael
Michael (Jnr) Married Susan Considine 15/6/1882, Born 30/9/1859 , Children Mary Margaret, Ellen,John Joseph,
Susan Gilligan (nee considine) died between 1886 & 1890
Michael Gilligan (Jnr) married Eliza Clarke 28/9/1892
Children, Michael,Michael Martin, Emigrated to U.S.A. after World War 1 John Do., Annie full details of birth etc. available.

Hartigan Thomas Hartigan married Catherine Crohan Crussa, Newmarket-On -Fergus they had 6 children
Full details available.

l,

Query

Walter Flanagan (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
My great-Grandfather a Patrick J. Flanagan or Flanigan lived in County clare and was married to a Nora Tobin. They had 4 children daughters anna and nora and two sons john and Patrick J. Patrick J, my grandfather was born in the Innis area and immigrated to upstate New York in the Phelps Junction area. He was married twice,the second time to my grandmother an Ellen Lawless.Any information would be apprciated.

Hartigan

Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hartigan, Crohan, McMahon

Lott Hartigan or Laurence Hartigan (Circa Late 1700)
His Son was Thomas Hartigan Parish of Tomfinlough, Ruan, Rathlaheen, Co.Clare.
Thomas's Son was also named Thomas and is buried in Kilmurry Grave Yard Co.Clare. They also had a son called Thomas who married Catherine Crohan 9/2/1845
2. Catherine was born 20/4/1845 her parents were John Crohan & Bridget Quin.
Thomas & Catherine has 6 Children:Michael Born 22/8/1865, Thomas Born 2/1/1868 (Children: John,Patrick). Mary Jane (My Grandmother) Born 21/4/1870 (She married Michael Mc Mahon 19/2/1903)
Died 15/2/1903 .John Hartigan Born 29/10/1872, Margaret 15/5/1875, Patrick Born 13/5/1878 died 13/12/1946. My Grandmother Mary Jane had 7 Children. Mary Ellen, Michael Joseph,Kathleen,Margaret, Thomas, Terence Francis Born 1916 Died 4/12/1987.Alice (My Mother).

Crohan family

William Bearden (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crohan, Curry, Criffin
I am searching for any information on my gr-gr grandmother. She was born Anne Crohan in County Clare about 1847. Her parents were Patrick Crohan and Hannah Criffin. Anne came to America as a young girl, married here, had children, and died in Cohoes, New York, June 6, 1912. Please share any info about any County Clare connections.

Crohan

Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crohan, Hartigan, Mc Mahon
Greetings from Ennis Co. Clare.
My great grand father was Thomas Hartigan of Crussa, Newmarket-On-Fergus, Co.Clare who married Catherine Crohan on 9/2/1864. Catherine Crohan was Born 20/4/1845 her parents were John Crohan & Bridget Quinn.
Thomas & Catherine as buried in Kilmurry Grave Yard, Co.Clare. In the 1855 Griffiths Valuation Crohan is spelt
Croghan. Are you sure that Hanna Criffin should not read
Griffin which is a more common name for Clare.
Please forward what information you have on your section of the Crohan's.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions