Search for content in message boards

Tschida settling in St. Paul, MN

Tschida settling in St. Paul, MN

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2001 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Tschida
Researching the MATHIAS TSCHIDA family who settled in the “Rice St.” area of St. Paul, Mn. The family parish was St. Bernard’s. I am hoping someone else is researching this branch of the “TSCHIDA” family. Below is some information on MATHIAS and his children, I have more information.

MATHIAS TSCHIDA (my great-great grandfather) was born October 1836 in Illmitz, Austria, and died July 24, 1906 in St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN. He married MARY FRANK Abt. 1866 in Austria. She was born February 1846 in Illmitz, Austria.
Notes on MATHIAS TSCHIDA:
Immigrated to New York May 1891
Last Known Address: 256 Rose Ave. St. Paul, MN
Burial: Calvary Cemetery

Children of MATHIAS TSCHIDA and MARY FRANK are:

i. ? TSCHIDA.

ii. ? TSCHIDA.

iii. ? TSCHIDA.

iv. ? TSCHIDA.

v. ? TSCHIDA.

vi. STEPHEN TSCHIDA, (my great grandfather) b. December 10, 1869, Austria, Hungary, possibily Illmitz; d. April 05, 1953, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN; m. MAGDALENA NOLZ, October 18, 1897, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., Mn.; b. October 20, 1871, Austria, Hungary; d. June 21, 1940, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., Mn..
Notes for STEPHEN TSCHIDA:
Member of St. Bernards Society
Immigrated; 1890, Naturalized; 1898
Burial: Calvary Cemetery, St. Paul, MN
Funeral Mass: St. Bernards Church, St. Paul, MN
Last Known Address: 1008 Albemarie St. St. Paul, MN
Marriage Notes for STEPHEN TSCHIDA and MAGDALENA NOLZ: married at St. Bernards Church

vii. MATHIAS F. TSCHIDA, b. December 29, 1870, Austria, possibily Illmitz; d. February 09, 1930, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN; m. MARY RUPP, October 14, 1901, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., Mn.; b. October 04, 1879; d. August 11, 1968.
Immigration; May 1891
Last Known Address: 29 E. Maryland Ave. St. Paul, MN.
Marriage Notes for MATHIAS TSCHIDA and MARY RUPP: married at St. Bernards Church

viii. ANA TSCHIDA, b. March 11, 1874, Illmitz, Austria; m. GEORGE FLEISCHHACKER, September 24, 1894, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN; b. January 24, 1873, Austria, Hungary.
Marriage Notes for ANA TSCHIDA and GEORGE FLEISCHHACKER: married at St. Bernards Church

ix. MARTIN TSCHIDA, b. January 31, 1876, Illmitz, Austria.

x. MARY TSCHIDA, b. May 1881, Austria.

xi. ANTHONY TSCHIDA, b. February 12, 1884, Austria; d. December 13, 1934, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN; m. ANNA TSCHIDA; b. Austria.
Immigration: May 1891
Last Known Address: 280 Richmond St.

xii. THEODORE TSCHIDA, b. March 1887, Austria; d. July 20, 1904, St. Paul, Ramsey Co., MN.
Burial: Calvery Cemetery, St. Paul, MN
Last Known Address: 256 Rose Ave. St. Paul, MN.

Sincerely,
Jim Huber
JDHuberSr@aol.com

Tschida

Mary Ann (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bauer, Deutsch
The Bauers where somehow related to the Tschida, but I am not sure how, maybe it was through the Finks, are you familar with any of these names. If so I will try to see how we are related to the Tschida's. I think the Tschida's that we where related to also where from St. Paul, Mn. This may have been only through marriage. Mary Ann

Ancestral Search

Firmus J Opitz (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bauer, Tschida
Mary Ann:
I have a historical Book (l974) of Marshall County South Dakota. A john Bauer is mentioned with family living in a very small village (no longer in existance). Mentioned is a Tschida no first name or age as also living in this village. Article was written by a daugther Betty in 1974. Also mentioned in this book is a John and Mary Tschida, giving his birth place as Hungrary (bl869 as well as his wife Mary, she was born in Czechoslovakia) They farm east of Lake City SD. One of their Sons married a Viola Bahr also of that area. There is also a Mary mentioned who married a man by the name of Krista, same area.

Re: Tschida settling in St. Paul, MN

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 7:08AM GMT
do you know if any of your line in st.paul,mn. was a school teacher?I had a teacher named tschida back in highland park high school.I don't know if this is any relation to you,but the address was too close not for me to respond.I am hoping that you locate this person and if you need any further help,please contact me by e-mail at buddy55106911@yahoo.com
I will try to help all I can.
good luck-jennifer

Jim Huber (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2002 1:25PM GMT
Jennifer,

I haven’t come across any TSCHIDA’s whom were teachers at Highland. We do have a nun down the street at St. Cate’s.
I’d need more information on your ancestors to determine any connection. Visit JimHuberSr.com to see my TSCHIDA ancestors.

Sincerely and good luck,

Jim Huber

Posted: 20 May 2003 1:44PM GMT
Hi,jim,
I just saw your posting regarding st.paul,mn.,tschida.I had a teacher years ago with the same last name.YOu might want to contact the area high school to find out if there is any information about him.
In doing my own research over the years,I have found that sometimes schools are a great place to receive information pertaining to people.Idid this when locating my birth mother.
Make sure to know the state policies before you do this though.Good luck in your search.jennifer

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 11:34PM GMT
Jim my great grandfather's name was Mathias Tschida. I have been trying to find records on him. I believe we some how have the same grandfather. My Dad was born in 1912 and his name also was Mathias. My Dad changed his name to Matthew, I'm not sure when. If you have anythink more I would like to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic