Search for content in message boards

Banasiak ancestors in Lodz, Poland

Banasiak ancestors in Lodz, Poland

Ralph J. Banasiak (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: banasiak, slowinski
I am looking for relatives in Poland of Ignatius and Frank Banasiak, two brothers who immigrated to the US around the 1900's. They settled in Toledo, Ohio. Their father's name was Michael and their mother's name was Marcie. Her maiden name was Slowinski. I think they originated from Lodz, Poland.

BANASIAK

Amy Fenlason (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2003 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: banasiak, sobczak
My mother who is still living told me that my father who was a Banasiak had relitives in Toledo, Ohio. My father was Chester Francis Banasiak of Milwaukee Wisconin. He was the son of Bronislaus G. Banasiak who married Constance F. Sobczak.

Banasiak

Ralph J. Banasiak (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2003 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: banasiak
Thank you, Amy, for the information about your father Chester Francis Banasiak. Did your father have other relatives in Wisconsin? I recall as a child visiting a Banasiak relative in Wisconsin. My father Roman James Banasiak had 3 older brothers: William, Chester and Sylvester and 2 sisters: Matilda and Joann. Are any of these names familiar to you or your mother? .

BANASIAK

Amy Fenlason (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 5:57AM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2003 9:34PM GMT
Thank-you for sharing your family information with me. My Father had 4 older sisters, Irene,Emilia,Esther,and Wanda.
There is some mention of a brother to Bronislaus Banasiak who was my father's father, and I don't know if their where any other siblings.But I have no Info. on him or my Grandfather. Their is mention of relatives in Taledo,Ohio but I don't know what the relation is.
Other info I have is that Bronislaus came in to the USA through the Port of Baltimore then went to Chicago,Illinois and on to Milwaukee, Wisconis. But I haven't been able to find any info. on the Internet.

Good luck on your family tree. If you have any info. you can share with me I would appreciate it. Do you know what town,providence or any other info. on where your Banasiak's came from?
Thank-you again,Amy

Banasiaks in Toledo and Milwaukee

Ralph J. banasiak (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 6:17PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2003 8:15PM GMT
Again, dzienkuye (!) for the information. I appreciate the information about your father's sisters. Since I last replied, I spoke with my father (Roman James Banasiak)by phone who explained that there was an "Uncle Ben" Banasiak living in Wisconsin.
Before Ben retired, he was a crane operator inside a factory. When he retired, he lived on a house on the Fox River in Wisconsin. (This is the home I recall visiting as a boy.) Interesting point was that his wife's name was Connie, per my father's memory.
My father said that his own dad (Ignatius James) had one brother Frank and a sister (name unknown) who lived in Poland. Frank was a contractor who did a lot of jobs with the city of Toledo.
Would you be willing to e-mail directly? I'm at rbanasiak@worldnet.att.net

Re: BANASIAK

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Banasiak
Hi Amy,
My name is Pat Fleury. My mom, Wanda, passed away in 2002 and I had no way to contact you. I just thought of trying Ancestry today. I think of your mom so often, she was always my favorite aunt. If you want to contact me, my address is 1398 Eastwind Lane, Fond du Lac, WI 54937. My phone number is 920-539-1155. My email is fleury1231@yahoo.com. I would appreciate your address as I have a name plate and diary that belonged to your father, my Uncle Chester. It may take a bit for me to find them again as I have moved recently. Please get in touch. Thanks, Pat

Re: Banasiak ancestors in Lodz, Poland

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 6:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
My father, Joseph Stanecki, was born in Lodz, Poland, His father's name was Tomaz and his mother's name was Zofia. The Banasiaks were instrumental in getting my father here to the US before World War I. They had a tavern and liquor store in St. Louis. Then they moved. I was was told to Hamtramck, Michigan. I was told Zofia was a relative to them. I know one was Michael and the other Frank or John.
My email is geriway@att.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic