Search for content in message boards

McFARLAND, DEVENEY

McFARLAND, DEVENEY

Floyd C. McFarland (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
John McFarland b.3 December 1775 Married Mary (Polly) Deveney 22 March 1804. Patrick McFarland b. 1769 Married Margaret (Peggy) Deveney and James McFarland b. February 02, 1772 Married Isabell Gettys in 1809. All of Rutherford County N.C. All of the above McFarland men were brothers but who was their parents and from where did they come?
they come?

~~~~~~~~~~
Editors note: The original e-mail of fcmcflrnd@knights.farmington.k12.mo.us failed as of 6-29-99. --eb

Re: McFARLAND, DEVENEY

John A. Dayberry (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hello, I tried to answer using your email address and it was returned as a bad address. I have information you may be interested in.

You can reply directly to me at SkiDadOne@aol.com

Look forward to hearing from you.
John.
John

McFarland Deveney

Tom McFarland (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McFarland
Hi John

Pardon me for butting in, but I just saw your response to Floyd McFarland. I am also looking for McFarlands, one of which married a Mary Devinney, both from NC, possibly Rutherford County. The McFarland I am looking for is James McFarland, b Sept 24, 1834 ( I don't know where ) d Sept 22, 1897 York, SC. If you think there might be a tie-in, I sure would like to hear from you. Thanks, Tom smcfar@erols.com
Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2001 11:48PM GMT
I believe that John, Patrick, William and James may be the children of James McFarland and Sarah Randall and they emigrated from Ireland. (they were Scotch-Irish). I got this from a search of the international index at www.familysearch.com. The birthdate of John (12-3-1775) matched a birthrecord of a John born in Ireland. Can anyone else confirm/disprove this.
Also on record is a deed from 1785 in Rutherford Co., that stated William Horton sold Ann Snowden a tract of land on Green River. The deed had a notation that the acreage included "James McFarland's improvements". So a James Mcfarland must have been in the area before 1785. Perhaps James Mcfarland and Sarah Randall emigrated to Rutherford also???
Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2001 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: McFarland, Deviney
I have some info on the McFarlands/Devineys of Rutherford County and York SC. McFarlands are descended from 4 brothers, John James Patrick and William. Devineys are descended from Aron and Sarah Black. My Mcfarland line is from John Mcfarland, and I did not find a James in his descendents that could match yours. Unfortunately, I only have the page from a publication that shows his descendants. It is the BGSOTC May 1995 page 84 (a publication of the genealogy society of tryon county). Other pages in this newsletter may have the descendants of the other Mcfarland brothers.

Your James is most likely descended from one of these brothers. The McFarlands and Devineys in my line were extremely intermarried with each other.
Posted: 27 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: mcfarland
Thank you and you are so fast it scares me. Conrad Nelson Mcfarland was born in 1842. It would be impossible for that Larkin to be the father of him but there is a Larkin Mcfarland in Simpson co. KY from NC that was head of house on the 1840 census. Is there more than one Larkin?
If it would not be too much trouble I would be interested in the gedcom.
If you would like you may e-mail me directly.
thank you again.

Larkin A. Mcfarland

Ashley Hinkle (View posts)
I have a Larkin Aaron Mcfarland in my records. Born 17 Feb. 1846 in Rutherford Co., died 1 May 1924 in Missouri. Son of Jim Mcfarland and Susannah S. Taylor. Larkin's siblings are listed as Ellen Rosetty, William A., George Luther, Mary E, Joseph L., Norman M., James E., Bertha M., Virginia Laura, and Herman A. I do not have a Conrad Nelson, but doesn't mean he isn't connected. If you want more info on this family, further generations back, I can provide in a gedcom file.
Ashley
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: MCFARLAND, MCFARLIN, MCFARLAN
would any of the brothers have had an CONRAD NELSON MCFARLAND born in 1842 in Simpson co. KY. My in law tells me NC is where his father came from. My search has led me to LARKIN AARON MCFARLIN (?) of Rutherford co.
Any info would be appreciated.

Larkin A. McFarland

Posted: 4 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2006 5:51PM GMT
Dear Ashley, Must have changed you email address. I tried to contact you concerning Larkin A. McFarland of N.C. and MO.
I am a great grand son of Larkin and have recently published a book on the McFarland Family history. In it is a great chapter on Larkin as given by Delbert McFarland a grandson who had several years of living with Larkin.
I would like to trade family information with you. I can be reached at:
Floyd McFarland
616 Woodgate
MO 63640

McFarland

Alice King (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McFarland, Clarkson
My George W. McFarland is from the same areas you have listed here. I think his father was John but not sure. Would you be interested in comparing notes?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions