Search for content in message boards

Johnson Riddle

Johnson Riddle

Sandy Riddle (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 10:09PM GMT
Looking for any information on Johnson Riddle,born abt 1853 in Halleyville, Winston County, AL. Married Luviney Catherine (?). Father's name was Johnson Riddle,from Bledsoe County TN, Mother was Jane Beasly. I am researching my husbands family tree and my Father-in-Law says that his grandfather was a brother to Thomas J., Straud, Hook. Can anyone tie this Johnson Riddle whose nickname was "Babe" to the Winston County, AL. Riddles? Please help. You can E-mail me at mojo1@getaway.net
Here's hoping........

"johnson riddle"

jody (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 6:02PM GMT
sandy;
i'm also related to johnson, thomas j. was my gggrandfather. he and susanna owsley had 5 kids. their son william oscar, was my grandfather. he married lutie taylor. all were from winston co. and most all are buried there. i don't have a lot of info, and you probably know more than i do. e-mail me at jodyblondie@prodigy.net.
welcome to the riddle clan.
jody

johnson riddle

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 3:51AM GMT
can u call me please 631-667-2544 i can help u as this is my line as my gr gr gr grandfather was joe riddle brother to thomas

lisa

riddle

amber a riddle johnson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 8:45PM GMT
I am from west virginia, Grandmother Hazle, and grandfather Paul, Children Hope, Louise,Pansey,Katherine, Lois, Janet,Paul, Bernard. I now reside in nashville.

Johnson Riddle

Sandy Riddle (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 3:38PM GMT
Sandy, I have a Johnson Riddle from Bledson Co., Tn., but not sure if same one. Johnson Riddle born ca. 1806 in Bledson Co, Tn., s/o John and Sarah (Johnson) Riddle. Married Martha Cormack born ca. 1816. Children: Jackson born ca. 1826 Tn., James born ca. 1831 Mo., Eliza born ca. 1832 Ala., Joseph born ca. 1835 Ala., William born ca. 1840 Ala., Jessie Duraney "Jessy" "Hook" born ca. 1843 Ala, died ca. 1892 Winston-Salem, Thomas born ca. 1844 Ala., Elizabeth born ca. 1846 Ala., and John born ca. 1847 Ala. Johnson was part or whole Cherokee. Family legion said he was called "Devil John" and adopted by a settler farmer, his wife Martha could've been the daughter of the family and all went byh name of Riddle. Could this be any of your family? Have more info if right one. Email me at loretta1125@excite.com. Loretta Riddle
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 9:16AM GMT
hi there first i would like to say how we are both from riddle and johnson lines and my daughter is AmbeeRose. i am lisa riddle and my gr gr gr gr grandparents were john riddle and sarah johnson. john riddles father was william riddle and mother happy rogers. williams father was moses riddle
i come from johns son johnson rake riddle whos son joseph was my gr gr grandfather, joseph riddle marrried addie or adeline king
and had the following childrem
john riddle
james monroe riddle
jospeh lemuel riddle (my gr grandfather-m elizabeth smith)
wallace riddle
ann riddle
charlie riddle
if any of this sounda familiar please contact me direct @ LAMBERSMOM@aol.com or if i can help in any other way

thanks lisa riddle castaldo

johnson riddle martha carmack

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 9:32AM GMT
this two are my gr gr gr grandparents , johnsons son jospeh riddle is my gr gr grandfather. joe married addie king and his children were
james m riddle
john riddle
wallace riddle
charlie riddle
ann riddle
and my gr grandfather jospeh lemuel riddle
who married elizabeth smith.
joseph lemuel riddle and elizabeth had the following children
morris henry riddle born alabama died in ny married modeine pitts in alabama.
mabel riddle alabama died in ny married dennis pettus
tracy riddle living married maven?
fred riddle married elizabeth?
richard riddle marrried marie helen boccino
mary riddle married bryan leroy fackler
rosalee riddle married willie carter
all of the above children wer eborn in alabama and died in ny...... can u help me locate joesph riddle and addie king
notes for james monroe riddle, killed in 1931 in decatur after being hit by a car and was living on the edmunson plantation.
thank u lisa riddle in ny

Re: Johnson Riddle

Gloria Smith (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2004 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Riddle
Sandy, I do not know if you are still monitoring this site. I too am a decendant of Babe and Cathrine Riddle. I have the same information you do from the death certificate of Babe. Have you found a direct connection to Jonson Rake Riddle? If you have discovered new information I would appreciate it.

Re: Johnson Riddle

Donna Riddle (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2004 3:43PM GMT
Hi my name is Donna . Sorry but I don't know any of these names, they don't sound familar. I think you got the wrong person.

Re: riddle

Brandon Teel (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2006 7:43PM GMT
I too am a descendant of John Riddle and Sarah Johnson.
Their son Emanuel m. Malinda West.
Their son Andrew Jackson Riddle m. Lucinda Bench.
Their daughter Florida Ellen is my great-great grandma.

I have always been told they were Cherokee, but in doing research I have found them tied to the Saponis of VA and NC.

bjteel@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions