Search for content in message boards

warrens in mississippi

warrens in mississippi

lyn warren (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2000 8:49AM GMT
My grandfather, Albery Edward Warren, was born in Leake County, Mississippi in 1893. I know that his parents were R. Green Warren(August 30, 1863 to October 4, 1906) and Sarrah C. "Sallye" Smith Warren(July 5, 1859 to October 3, 1940). I am looking to find R. Green Warren's parents names. I do have some of Sallye's information. Please e-mail me if my Warrens are some of yours too. I do have so descendents information taht I can share. Also, if anyone knows of any Revolutionary War connections for this branch of the Warrens, please share taht also. Thank you.

eastern Mississippi Warrens

Jack D. Warren, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 7:51PM GMT
Dear Lyn (my sister is Lynne Warren),
I saw your message. I don't have specific information to offer --- I was looking for something else and stumbled on your posting. My paternal great-great grandfather was a John Warren, though all I know from family is that he was born about the time of the Civil War in the region of Mississippi you are looking at. According to my father, John had three brothers --- Mann, Green, and Wiley. I wonder if the Green is your R. Green.

Jack Warren

Eastern Mississippi Warrens

Lyn Warren (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 9:13PM GMT
Jack, this may sound crazy, but are your parents named Jack and Audrey? If so, I spoke with your Aunt Lucy in Greenville just yesterday about similar information. She had contacted my father, and yes, we are all distantly cousins. I remember meeting your grandfather Felton as a child and I attended DSU with your cousin Tim. Ironic, huh? Lucy and I thought that John and R. Green must have been brothers, but we just cannot find any documentation to prove it. I would love to hear from you again so that we could compare information. I do not have that much about the Warrens but to intend to get a lot more after I go to Leake County this summer to the cemetery, the library, and the courthouse. Please e-mail again so that we can talk. Lyn.

green warren

Jack D. Warren, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 9:35PM GMT
Lyn --- this is very strange. Yes, you have the right Jack Warren. My parents were Jack and Audrey (both dead). My grandfather was Felton of Shaw and Boyle. I went to Ole Miss in the early 80s, when Tim was a boy, and spent my weekends with his family. My information that Mann, Green, Wiley, and John were brothers came from Felton. I sat down with him in Boyle in about 1978 and did my best to suck him dry of family history. But if my memory serves me he couldn't name the father of the four brothers --- that is, his own great grandfather. I would have to pull out my old charts and notes to make sure of this. I am a professional historian, but haven't done a great deal of genealogical work in recent years. Feel free to write me directly (jdwjlt@aol.com)

Jack

Warrens in eastern Mississippi

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 8:40AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2003 12:59AM GMT
John,
saw your posting in regards to eastern MS. warrens. I noticed where you stated that John Warren had three brothers, one of them named Wiley. I am looking for information concerning a Wiley D. Warren, he is my paternal great-grandfather. I know nothing about him except that he was married to a Theolia Blackstock.He was married at least twice, do not know his other wife. He did have several children. They were Ira, Louis, John, Mamie, Cordia,Earline, Mary and Ruth. He died 1962 in California. Do you think there is a link there somewhere?

Susan (Warren) Shoffner

Warrens in eastern MS

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 8:46AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2003 12:59AM GMT
Jack,
I forgot to include my grandfather on the list of children for Wiley. My grandfather was Henry Newton Warren, he was married twice. I don't know his first wife, but my grandmothers names was Carrie Esterlee(Fortenberry) Warren.

Susan (Warren) Shoffner

WILEY D WARREN - From MS

GREGORY BLATHERWICK (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 7:34PM GMT
The wiley d warren in this message board is my grandfather,my mothers name is RUTH,his daughter. His second wifes name was MAUDIE. We lived in MERCED,CA. I'm interested in finding out what his race he actually was, (information for my children).Please reply any facts on this subject. JAN-23-2001

WILEY D WARREN - From MS

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 7:35PM GMT
The wiley d warren in this message board is my grandfather,my mothers name is RUTH,his daughter. His second wifes name was MAUDIE. We lived in MERCED,CA. I'm interested in finding out what race he actually was, (information for my children).Please reply any facts on this subject. JAN-23-2001

WILEY D WARREN - From MS

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 7:36PM GMT
The wiley d warren in this message board is my grandfather,my mothers name is RUTH,his daughter. His second wifes name was MAUDIE. We lived in MERCED,CA. I'm interested in finding out what race he actually was, (information for my children).Please reply any facts on this subject. JAN-23-2001

wiley warren from mississippi

Lyn Warren (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 8:06PM GMT
Susan,
Wiley had three brothers, Mann, Green, and John. Green was my great grandfather. I may have a little information on their families but could maybe put you in touch with someone who probably knows more than I. Please send me your e-mail address and I will pass it along to a very informative cousin of mine. My e-mail address is: jlwhubbard@tecinfo.com
p.s.
I saw the message that was posted by Gregory Blatherwick, wasn't Wiley's race white? Green was and I assumed that everyone else was also. Do you know anything any different?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic