Search for content in message boards

John Farmer Hunter m. Margaret L. Anderson

John Farmer Hunter m. Margaret L. Anderson

Posted: 6 Mar 2008 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Anderson, Madewell

I have John Farmer Hunter b: 1853 in KY married to Margaret L Anderson b: 1860 in MO.
He was son of Alsin E Hunter and Mary Madewell.
John and Margaret had the following children:
John Farmer Hunter, b: 1900 in AR
Margaret Louise Hunter, b: 1889 in AR
Samuel Marion Hunter b: 1891 in AR
William Edna Hunter b: 1896
Samantha Jane Hunter b: 1898

If any one has information prior to John Farmer it would be
greatly appreciated. I would be most happy to share information that I have on Samuel Marion's line.
Thank You
Robin

Re: John Farmer Hunter m. Margaret L. Anderson

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 4:04AM GMT
I believe you have the parents of John incorrect. If I'm correct his parents was Alson E. Hunter born 1820 and Rosanna(not sure on last name). Alsin E. Hunter and Mary were to old, Alsin was born abt 1796.

Were did you get your information?

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 7:30AM GMT

You are correct it should have been Alson and not Alsin.
I have an 1860 census that lists her name as Louisa b: 1825
in VA. Do you research this family also. If so I would be very happy to correspond with you on them. We are in Samuel Marion's line.
Thank you for your observation. You can contact me directly at racoonbluehome@yahoo.com

Robin

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 1:21PM GMT
Louisa was Clara Louisa Payne, she was his second wife. They were married 7/4/1857 in Green Co., KY. In 1850 there was a Rosana listed as his wife. I descend from his son Hiram.

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 8:22PM GMT

It is wonderful to hear from some one else in the family. I am fairly new to the research and have not had access to Ancestry for several months. Getting the census between 1860
and 1820 is not possible right now. I would be very interested in knowing how far you have been able to trace them. Is Alsin also connected to this line. It is difficult to track them through with out those additional census years. You can reach me directly at racoonbluehome@yahoo.com
I would be most interested in communicating with you about them.

Thank You
Robin

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 3:07AM GMT
My name is Earl Carl Hunter, and my father who I never knew was Carl Eugene Hunter. In my research the only Carl Eugene Hunter that I found that matched the sketchy information I have was listed as the son of Samuel Marion Hunter.

I could use your help in verifying this. Especially since I found a link which shows a John F. Hunter applying for inclusion on the Dawes roles due to linkage with William Hunter. Plus I have a friend with the Tillison name that shows a connection to the Madewell line with proof of Cherokee blood.

I know your post was dated 2008 but am hoping you still read this.

Thank you

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 6:06AM GMT
I absolutely can help and would love to do so.I can put you in touch with your half brother, and help you with a lot of information on the Hunter line. We only were told limited information on Indian ancestry and would like to know much more about your findings on that. You can contact me at sparkylee1@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 9:18AM GMT
Thank you for such a unexpected and quick reply to my call for help. It was actually quite a surprise. I look forward to talking with you and any or all relatives that I can.

I replied by email already but decided to post here again just in case. My main email is belearl@ymail.com.

Again Thank You
Earl

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 9:56AM GMT
Getting confused here now. Is Alsin the father of Alson or is John Alsin his father. Been checking some of what I found here and encountering some contradictory links and names, Plus came across boone-hunter connection. Could we through Alsin have a direct link to the Boones?

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 8:13PM GMT
Earl, I replied via e-mail but wanted to post here as well to alert you to the e-mail. Lynnette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic