Search for content in message boards

Cherokee Indian with last name Hunter

Cherokee Indian with last name Hunter

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Hill, Scott, Reed, Tubaugh, Davis, Lee
My maternal great grandfather was full cherokee indian. The name he was known by was Gilbert Hunter. He was murdered by his wife, my great grandma (Mary Hill Scott) but unfortunatly their family line just ends there. Any information that goes futher back will be greatly appreciated.

I also have a 66 member family line plotted out with Tubaugh's, Hill's, Davis', Lee's, and Reed's that I am willing to share.

Re: Cherokee Indian with last name Hunter

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Parker, Myers, Hardin
I am looking for a Donnie Hunter who was in Issac Parkers court April 22, 1889 in Fort Smith Arkansas. The reason I am replying is that a Jacob Finney Myers was in court as well with Dinnie Hunter on a larceny charge. My ggfather was said to of been with a full blodded Cherokee lady. Same person Jacob, was in court a day earlier for William T Hardin murder case.
Any offers will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Simpson
My maternal great grandmother was supposedly a full blooded cherokee indian by the name of Dellie (Nellie?) Hunter, born abt 1894 in Missouri, married John W. aka Jack Simpson also from Missouri, moved to Oklahoma, had Nettie, Essie, Gladys, died in childbirth in 1916. No further information. I haven't been able to find her on any of the Indiana registry rolls.

Posted: 6 May 2009 3:04AM GMT
Classification: Census
My gggmother claim a mary ann hunter from Pickens,s.c. as her sister,I dont know weather she was the one gave me the cherokee vitals,but they lived in Pickens,s.c.,in the same household,see 1870 and 1880's censes,thanks

Posted: 11 May 2009 3:11PM GMT
My husband's mothers maiden name is Hunter. She was part Cherokee, from Stilwell, Ok. I have a great deal on info on them. Do not see any Gilbert. Will coninue to look.

Posted: 18 May 2009 4:22AM GMT
Does anyone have information about Hunters in North Carolina who was possibly Cherokee or Eastern Band of Oglala Sioux? My gg grandmother was Elizabeth Hunter and her sister's name was Mary Hunter. Her parents were Pleasant Hunter and Rhoda Pearson. Pleasant: b. about 1804, d. after 1880. Pleasant and Rhoda(h)(l) were married in Orange Co. NC in 1832 and remained in that area. Family tradition puts a Cherakee or Eastern Siouan (sp?) Indian father somewhere in this line. Some say Cherokee, some Eastern Band of Oglala Sioux. I'm working on a theory that it was Pleasant Hunter but I have no evidence.

Thanks for any help.

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 12:49AM GMT
MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER'S NAME WAS EMMA HUNTER HARRIS.I REMENBER SHE HAD LONG HAIR IN BREADS.SHE DIED AT THE AGE OF 100,SHE LIVED IN STARK FLA,SHE WAS FULL BLOOD CHEROKEE,ALL HER CHILDERN HAD BLACK HAIR AND DARK BROWN EYES.ON MY DAD SIDE THEY HAVE CHEROKEE IN THEM BUT HE DOSE NOT KNOW HOW MUCH,WE ALL HAVE BLACK HAIR. TWO OF USE HAVE BLUE EYES.AND THE OTHER TWO WITH DARK BROWN EYES,I DONT HAVE ALOT OF IMFORMATION,BUT I WILL LOOK INTO IT,THE ONLY ONE THAT IS STILL LIVING IS MY G.AUNT.I WILL TRY TO GET BK TO U ON THIS

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:37AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Hunter, Harris.
This is sure interesting.. I know of a Donnie Hunter a girl in Ft Smith Arkansas. She was for whatever the reason living in the same house as my Greatgrandfather Jacob Finney Myers and his wife America L. Harris. Now America's sister was Nanny Harris.
Can you see what you can find out about the last names of Hunter and Harris and Myers?
Now Donnie Hunter was in court in ft Smith for stealing $40.00 from Jacob Myers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions