Search for content in message boards

James Henry Williams

James Henry Williams

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2002 3:57PM GMT
Looking for any information on James Henry Williams b. 1813 or 1823 in Adney Gap, Franklin County. He married Clarissa Richards in 1845. Am trying to find James Williams parents. Any help appreciated.

Re: James Henry Williams

Jim Hegan (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 1:19AM GMT
I too have been searching high and low for information
on 'James Henry Williams' as I am a desendant by way of son, 'Noah H.'. I have some information regarding Clarrisa (Richards) and their eight children however can't find anything beyond James. I have not givin up and will contact you if I aquire any leads.

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Richards, Nichols, Reed
Jim - I am descended from James Henry Williams and Clarissa Richards through their daughter Harriet Isabelle (sometimes she was called Isabelle). I have a book entitled The John Marchel and Anne Cora (Nichols) Reed Family of Franklin and Floyd Counties, Virginia, and Harford and Cecil Counties, Maryland which gives the line of descent from the Richards line as well as allied familes of the Reed and Nichols families. I have not been able to determine the parents of James Henry Williams. I have, however, been working on Clarissa Richards family and would be happy to share what I have found. Have you discovered the parents of James Henry Williams? Look forward to hearing from you. Cousin Carolyn

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 2:21AM GMT

Clarissa Richards, "Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940"

Name: James Williams
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Spouse's Birth Date:
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Age:
Event Date: 25 Feb 1845
Event Place: Franklin County, Virginia
Father's Name:
Mother's Name:
Spouse's Father's Name:
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Race:
Marital Status:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M86877-5
System Origin: Virginia-EASy
GS Film number: 31523
Reference ID: p105

Sources

Attach to Family Tree
Add to My Source Box
Go to My Source Box

No image available
Search collection
About this collection

Clarissa Richards, "Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940"

Name: James Williams
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Spouse's Birth Date:
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Age:
Event Date: 25 Feb 1845
Event Place: Franklin County, Virginia
Father's Name:
Mother's Name:
Spouse's Father's Name:
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Race:
Marital Status:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M86877-5
System Origin: Virginia-EASy
GS Film number: 31523
Reference ID: p105

Sources

Attach to Family Tree
Add to My Source Box
Go to My Source Box

No image available
Search collection
About this collection

If you send one dollar and a SASE to:
Clerk of the Circuit Court 540-483-3042
Franklin County Courthouse
275 Main Street
Rocky Mount, Va 24151

You can request a copy of their marriage since it occurred in Franklin County. Be sure to give the date and names.I have to do this a lot and the form usually shows the parents names. Family search NEVER includes this information, so I have to send for it, but luckily it is only $1. You will have it in 3-4 weeks or less. I will forewarn you , the copies are not the greatest. Since they are off microfilm, they are sometimes illegible. But try it first. I was told the originals are in Richmond and if you want to request it from there it is $12, but you MAY get a better copy.
Good luck to you and if I can answer any more questions ,please let me know as most of my research is in Franklin County!
Shelley Kinsey Adams

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 2:21AM GMT
Shelley - Thank you for the address of the Franklin County Courthouse in Rocky Mount, Va. I did not realize that the marriage records that Ancestry.com lists did not have all the pertinent info, like the parents' names. That is really critical info when searching for ancestors! I will send off my $1.00 tomorrow for a copy of Clarissa Richards and James Williams wedding record. Can you give me the address for the Richmond office that would have the original record? So appreciate your help. Are you a Richards or Williams cousin?
Carolyn

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 3:27AM GMT
Yes, I found it out by accident when I sent for my grandparents marriage license. Here is the link to Richmond's vital record office, click on it and on the left is an application link for the vital record. Print off a copy . You have to send a $12 check and a copy of your Driver's license and it takes nearly 8 weeks as they get thousands of requests per week.

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/Vital_Records/index.htm

Sorry I am not related. I just keep an eye on this site to help people out as most of my research is in Franklin County and I usually know about many records and where they are .It only takes a few minutes to volunteer and scan these messages to see if I can help.
Good luck in getting your license that you need! If I can help further, just holler.

shelleyatsuperpets@sbcglobal.net

Shelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions