Search for content in message boards

Pittsfield Probate look up for Chauncey Hutchinson?

Pittsfield Probate look up for Chauncey Hutchinson?

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUTCHINSON
Are there any locals who would do a probate look up in the court house in Pittsfield for the probate records of either Clarissa Hutchinson died 24 Feb 1913 or her husband Chauncey Hutchinson who died in 1897?

Valuable genealogical info in contained therein.

I would be glad to come to some arrangement with you.

With best regards,

Neil Rutman

Re: Pittsfield Probate look up for Chauncey Hutchinson?

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 6:28PM GMT
Have you tried calling them? I called them several years ago to look up a will. They took the info then called me back within a week.

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 7:06PM GMT
What a nice idea. I will try it.

Thanks,

Neil

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 7:46PM GMT
I have no probate information but I have what was on her death certificate. Are you in need of that information ?

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 9:24PM GMT
Thank you so much for that offer of friendliness, but I have her death certificate. I think I found it online. And I did call the Probate Office and they charge $90 for a search. Even when I had the exact date...

Was not pleased ;)

Neil

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 9:25PM GMT
And I did call the Probate Office and they charge $90 for a search. Even when I had the exact date...

Was not pleased ;)

Neil

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 5:27PM GMT
It seems like so many places are taking advantage of the rise in genealogy requests and are now charging for services that used to be free. As I mentioned, Pittsfield looked up two wills for me and there was no charge, but that was several years ago.

I've even found some that some cemeteries charge a fee just to tell you if someone is buried there!

Posted: 6 Apr 2014 8:18AM GMT
4-6-2014

What information were you hoping to get from the probate file? Have you also considered trying to get an obituary notice from the newspaper?

Posted: 6 Apr 2014 8:06PM GMT
Thank you very much for your kindess in responding. The information I was hoping to get was to see if Chauncey's son Frank and daughter Pamelia were alive at his death. I have had a difficult time finding Pamelia's married name and history and hoped that also would be in the Probate records. They charge a large fee -$90- to look it up by mail even when I provide them with the exact date. ;)

I never thought of the obituary but then I am not a local and do not know the papers to consult.

That is a good idea.

Neil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic