Search for content in message boards

TOWNSEND, Lucinda (Thompson); Intestate Records

TOWNSEND, Lucinda (Thompson); Intestate Records

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: TOWNSEND, THOMPSON, WATERS, THOMAS
Below is a transcription of the intestate records of Lucinda (THOMPSON) TOWNSEND (b. c1855, FL; d. 31 Jul 1894, Alachua Co., FL), daughter of Street THOMPSON and Nancy BUSH and 3rd wife of John Hill TOWNSEND.

[Book: , page 52 and page 53, transcribed from photocopy]

====================
Application for Letters of Administration
STATE OF FLORIDA, Alachua COUNTY.

To the Honorable Hels Mason County Judge of said County:

Your petitioner respectfully represents that he is a resident of the County of Alachua and State of Florida

That Lucinda Townsend late of the County of Alachua and State of Florida died intestate on the 31 day of July A.D. 1894, leaving heirs and legal representatives her surviving, viz: Husband & children J H Townsend husband, Cinderella Townsend daughter, Nancy Townsend dau., Walter S. Townsend son, Nannie Townsend, Thomas O. Townsend, and L R Townsend son.

That the said Lucinda Townsend died seized and possessed of an estate, to wit: Real estate situate and being in Alachua County Florida. That your petitioner is a surviving husband of said deceased and that the value of said estate is not over $500.00

Your petitioner prays that he may be appointed administrator of the estate of the deceased.

J. H. Townsend

STATE OF FLORIDA, COUNTY OF Alachua

The above named J H Townsend being by me duly sworn, says that the foregoing petition by him subscribed is true.

H?? Mason County Judge.

====================
Order Appointing Administrator.
IN THE COUNTY OF THE JUDGE'S COURT, ______________ COUNTY, FLORIDA
By the County Judge of said County.

In the matter of granting Letters of Administration on the Estate of Lucinda Townsend

On the application of J H Townsend for Letters of Administration on the Estate of Lucinda Townsend deceased, intestate, late of said County, and it appearing to the Court that such administration is necessary to dispose of said estate, and that said applicant is entitled thereto it is ordered, adjudged and decreed that said J H Townsend be, and he is hereby appointed Administrator of the Estate of said Lucinda Townsend deceased, and that upon taking the prescribed oath, and entering into bond to be approved by this Court, in the sum of One Hundred Dollars Letters of Administration on the Estate aforesaid, be granted to said applicant and that Citation be made by posting written notices according to law.

Given under my hand and seal, this 11 of day November A.D. 1898

H G Mason County Judge

Be it remembered that on this 15 day of June A.D. 1898, I duly recorded the foregoing order in the public records of said County.

Hels Mason County Judge.

====================

Before me, Hils Mason County Judge, in and for said County, personally appeared J. H. Townsend who being duly sworn says that Lucinda Townsend late of the County of Alachua and State of Florida. died on the 31 day of July A.D. 1894 leaving heirs and legal representatives her surviving, to wit: Husband & six children viz: and to the best of his knowledge and belief, the said Lucinda Townsend died without a will.

And the said J H Townsend further swear that he will and truly administer, according to law, all and singular, the goods, chattels, rights and credits of the said Lucinda Townsend deceased, pay the debts in which the said deceased stood bound, so far as the assets will extend and the law direct, and make a just, true and perfect inventory and account of the said goods, chattels, rights and credits, and of administration thereof when thereunto required.

Sworn to and subscribed before me, this 19 day of November A.D. 1898

J H Townsend

Hels Mason County Judge

====================
Administration Bond.

Know all men by these presents, that we J. H. Townsend as Principal, and J H Waters & A B Thomas as Securities, acknowledge ourselves held and firmly bound unto W D Bloxham Governor of the State of Florida, and his successors in office, in the penal sum of One hundred Dollars, for the true payment of which we bind ourselves, our heirs, executors and administrators, jointly, and severally, firmly by these presents.

Signed, sealed and dated this 17 day of Dec A.D. 1898

The condition of this Obligation is such, That the above bounden, J H Townsend, of all and singular the goods and chattels, rights and credits of Lucinda Townsend deceased, do make, or cause to be made, a true and perfect inventory of all and singular the goods, chattels, rights and credits of the said deceased, which have or shall come to the hands, possession, control or knowledge of him the said J H Townsend or in the hands of any person or persons for him and the same so made do cause to be filed in the office of the Judge of the County for the County of Alachua at or before the goods, chattels, rights and credits of the said deceased at the time of the death of the said deceased, which at any time after shall come to the hands or possession of the said J H Townsend or into the hands or possession of any other persons for [him] do well and truly administer according to law, and further make, or cause to be made, a true and just account of his administration, when required, and all the rest and residue of said goods, chattels, rights and credits which shall be found remaining upon the final account of the same being first examined and allowed by the County Court of the County where the said administration is granted, and shall deliver and pay to such person or persons, respectively, as the said Court, by their order or decree, pursuant to the true intent and meaning of the law, shall appoint and direct; and if it shall thereafter appear that any last will and testament was made by the said deceased, and the executor or executors therein named do file the same in the office of the said Court, making request to have it allowed in full force and virtue.

Signed in the presence of
H F Townsend J H Townsend [L.S.]
M E Thomas J H Waters [L.S.]

A B Thomas [L.S.]

====================
Letters of Administration.
By the County Judge of said County.

To all whom these Presents shall come -- GREETING:

Whereas Lucinda Townsend deceased, late of this County, died intestate, having while she lived, and at the time of her death, divers goods, chattels and credits within the County aforesaid, by means whereof the full disposition and power of granting the administration of all and singular the goods, chattels and credits of the said deceased, and also a final dismission of the same to the County Judge aforesaid, does of right belong:

Now, know ye, That I, Hels Mason, County Judge for the County aforesaid, desiring that the goods, chattels and credits of the said deceased may be well and truly administered, and legally disposed of, do hereby grant unto J H Townsend Administrator, full power and authority to administer the goods, chattels and credits of the deceased, which to her in her lifetime, and at the time of her death, did belong, and to ask, demand, sue for, recover and receive the same, and to pay the debts in which the deceased stood bound, so far as her assets will extend, according to law, and then the balance to pay over to the legal heirs and distributees of the deceased. And the said J H Townsend having given bond and security, and taken the oath, and performed all other acts required by law, necessary to his just qualifications as Administrator is, by order of this Court, and by virtue of these presents, ordained, constituted and appointed Administrator of all the goods, chattels and credits of said Lucinda Townsend deceased.

Witness my name as Judge aforesaid, and the seal of this office this 17 day of December A.D. 1898 at Gainesville, County aforesaid.

Hls Mason County Judge

====================

[Warrant of Appraisement is not filled in.]

Street Thompson/Nancy Bush

Emily Dantzman (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Thompson, Bush
I found the Alachua County, FL will you listed for Lucinda (Thompson) Townsend. It was interesting to me to see Nancy Thompson's maiden name (Bush). I am working on the Thompson genealogy for my granddaughter. Her ancestor is Green L. Thompson, son of Street and Nancy Thompson and brother of Lucinda Thompson Townsend. Do you have any additional information on Street and Nancy Thompson? The 1850 US Census lists Street Thompson's birthplace as Georgia, and the 1900 US Census lists Green Thompson's parents' birthplace as Alabama. Green Thompson and family lived in Hernanco County in 1900. He died in 1907 and is buried in Linden Cemetery in Sumter County, FL.

Re: TOWNSEND, Lucinda (Thompson); Intestate Records

Posted: 11 Dec 2002 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi , I just came across your message.I have been searching on the Thompson decendents.Green Thompson was my husbands grandfather and Street Thompson his greatgrandfather.I don't have much on either of them,but I have some info on Greens children ,grandchildren and etc.If you are interested in what I have let m e know.

Re: TOWNSEND, Lucinda (Thompson); Intestate Records

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 6:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
I posted this a LONG time ago. My email address has changed many times since then ... I'm now at genjen@comcast.net, if you run across this and want to be in touch. Thanks and happy hunting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions