Search for content in message boards

James Washington Regan/Elias Daniel Regan

James Washington Regan/Elias Daniel Regan

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 12:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REGAN
I am trying to connect my GG-Grandfather James W. Regan to his father Elias Daniel Regan. In the probate of Elias (Ouachita Parish, LA @1838)he leaves 3 minor children, but no names are given. (I have their names in later documents.) James W. is indentured by the court to Matthew Woods because he has no father or mother, but again, no names are given for his parents. James and his brother Joseph eventually moved their families to Nevada County, AR. The father and son relationship is based on family tradition, but does anyone have proof?

Re: James Washington Regan/Elias Daniel Regan

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: Ferrand Regan
Is this the James Washington Regan that married Mary Catherine Ferrand in 1850? I don't have his family information, but I have a bit of hers if you're interested.

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: REGAN/FERRAND
I would love to have anything on the Ferrand family. I finally proved that James was the son of Elias. I found a "letters of tutor" document that confirmed Joseph (James' brother)was the son of Elias and grandson of Daniel Regan. I then located a letter written from Joseph Regan to his brother James that clearly states they are brothers.

I was named after Mary Catherine. I have a copy of her marriage certificate, her obituary, and a picture of her tombstone. I also have a copy of her family Bible, but it's difficult to read. What I don't have much of is her life in Louisiana before she marries James.

Anything you can share would be appreciated.

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 2:38AM GMT
There is a book entitled Caldwell Parish in Slices by T.H. Wood(s) that has their family information in it. It explains that Mary Catherine's grandparents Jean Baptiste Ferrand (ca. 1768 - ca. 1838) and Mary Catherine Louise Fauveaux (ca. 1770 - ca. 1845) came from France. They had Hypolite and John Alphonse Ferrand. Hypolite was born in France. John was born in Louisiana. The Ferrands came into the U.S. in New Orleans. At some point the brothers moved to north Louisiana to the Caldwell Parish area and acquired land. They had the Synope Plantation. Mary Catherine was Hypolite and Eulalie Etier's daughter.

That's all I have right now. I ordered the book, but it hasn't come in yet. I had a copy checked out from the library, but I've since returned it, so I can't use it as a reference right now. I'll add more if there is any more information on Mary Catherine when the books comes in. I am a descendant of Hypolite's, but not Mary Catherine's, so I wasn't specifically looking for information about her when I had the library's copy of the book.

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: REGAN/FERRAND
I've heard of this book. Who did you order it from?

My great aunt (age 97) has Mary Catherine's Bible. It's all in French, so I'm not sure if it's her mother's family or her father's. I'll be visiting her in June and will try to get a copy. She also has a chair that Hypolyte made. It's in amazing condition. I'll try to get a picture.

Let me know about the book. I would appreciate any info!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions