Search for content in message boards

Jesse Stafford, MO, Sister Matilda/Maude

Jesse Stafford, MO, Sister Matilda/Maude

E.Neal (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 11:28AM GMT
I have some STAFFORD's in my line. Matilda/Mattie/Maude Stafford born in Springfield,
MO. (her birthplace isn't 100% accurate) Born Aug. 27, 1867. Died Jan. 22, 1913.
Married John T. Burris. Born Feb. 1851 in TN (also have him born in NC.? this is word of
mouth not recorded)

Looking for any info on Matilda or Maude or Maddie Stafford.
John died in ?/1896. They had children Lee, Elmer, Maude, Mertle, Aud or Audry (Audry is
my Grandfather). Looking for any info. about Stafford family, in MO of this lineage, thanks.

Matilda married John T. (also used James) Burris John died in 30's from TB, she later
married a John Posey. When she died, John married her daughter Maude, they had a child,
name or sex unknown. Trying to find anything on this family, thanks.

Looking for family of Jess, Jesse? Stafford, had several Bro. Sisters, one
was Matilda, called her Maude or Maddie. He owned farm or land in or
around Ava, Mo? Possibly other town around that area.

My grandmother Margaret Elizabeth(Dier) Burris met my grandfather Audry Burris, son of
John Burris and Matilda (Stafford) Burris through her best friend who was a Stafford. I want
to say maybe they might have been distant cousins, my grandmother and the
Staffords????

Burris / Stafford in TN

Posted: 30 Dec 2000 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 10:54PM GMT
I just finished searching the 1850 Jackson Co., TN census for Staffords. My family went to MO before 1850 but I have been told that all the Jackson Co., Staffords are related. Anyway, while I was looking at the census entries, Burris was one of the names that kept popping up along side Staffords. Unfortunately your John was born in 1851 and not on that census or I could look him up. You might just check the 1860 census in Jackson Co. and see what you come up with. BTW, my Staffords went to Dallas, Polk, Webster and McDonald Cos. in MO. I do not have any of the people you mentioned in my database...sorry. If you want me to send you the census entries for Burris on the pages I copied, I will be happy to.
Cathey Jendeski - LBobina@aol.com

Re-staffords of Tenn.

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 8:26PM GMT
Thanks for the reply!do any of your info mention a Frank Stafford being married to a Roszene Pryor?that was my grandmother.I have very little knowledge of her and only a couple photos.my mother is florence alma stafford. Thanks agian,Robert

Pryor / Stafford MO

Posted: 30 Dec 2000 9:43PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 10:54PM GMT
Unfortunately, I do not have any Pryors and none of my Florences seem to fit the bill, although I do have some in Dallas Co., MO. I do not have any Frank Staffords at all. Sorry.

RE:Staffords

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 9:09AM GMT
Well thanks Cathey for the help along the way.I think there was an Earl Stafford as well,his brother.His father was Naithon Stafford and mother Louise Stafford.I found Frank Stafford in the SSDI index.but stiil have come up empty on Roszene which is my main search.everything I come up with takes me to pryor Okla.that was originally a Cherokee reservation.so I will continue to search,and thanks agian for your help!

Burris/Stafford

Beth Burris Neal (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 5:37AM GMT
Hi Cathey,
that sounds great! my e-mail is bethneal@fuse.net

Stafford

E. Neal (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 6:14PM GMT
Do you have a Jessie or Mattie/Matilda Satfford
in your Line? My GGgrandmother was Matilda Stafford.
She married John Burris, one of their son'd was named
Lee ALMA Burris. Just a chance to ask, in case
Frank might have been Mattie or Jesse's brother or
something. I have little to no info. on
my GGgrandmother's family.

Stafford Family

Posted: 16 May 2001 5:41PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:48AM GMT
I am looking for the family of Thomas G. Stafford. He was born in Smith Co., TN and married Catherine Fleeman. He and Catherine were in Missouri by 1849, where 4 of their children were born. They then moved to southern Illinois. Do either of these names sound familiar? Thanks.

Re: Burris / Stafford in TN

Posted: 11 Jul 2002 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, My name is Sheila i am Jennifers aunt . My father is Laurence Freeman Stafford of Gainsboro i am sure we could possibly be kin somehow would really like to try and find out more about your family, i am sure my father could help in locating some information for you. please email me at shlmik3
@aol.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions