Search for content in message boards

BROUGHTON, JOHNSON

BROUGHTON, JOHNSON

Shawn Byrd-Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

I would appreciate any help in finding information on Aletha Broughton and/or David Lawrence Johnson. Aletha had a child in 1922 in Knox County and she eventually, if not already, marries David Johnson.
nson.

Aletha & David's Wedding date

Shawn Byrd-Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON, BROUGHTON
Thank you for responding to my query. I have heard of the book, but some great people have supplied me with sufficent information in the last year, but of course I am always looking.

Are you related to the Broughtons? There is a picture of Aletha & David at the url below.

There seems to be a discrepancy on the wedding date. The Barbourville Mountain Advocate, dated 04/01/1904 states:
SCALF

(Arrived too late last week for publication)

"David Johnson and Miss Lethia Braughton were united in the holy bonds of matrimony by Rev. Thos G. Hammons last Thursday evening at James Braughton’s. We wish them a happy life as they promised Mr. Hammons to nourish and cherish each other through thick and thin."

last weeks publication was dated 03/25/1904, and the Thursday before that would have been 03/17/1904. At least this is my interpetation.

This information can be found at the Knox County Webpage under Barbourville Mountain Advocate.

Thanks you
Shawn Byrd-Johnson

Broughton, Johnson

Ron Bliss (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Broughton
Aletha (letha) Broughton married David Johnson on March 16,1904. She was born Feb 1889, Knox Co. Ky. She is listed on page 212 of a book, "Kentucky Lineage"by Lillian Broughton Creech and has a lot of information on the Broughton, Slusher, Woolum and Payne families of Knox Co. If you are unable to obtain a copy of this book I have one.

SLUSHER/BROUGHTON Connection

Cate Daniell (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SLUSHER, BROUGHTON
Just yesterday I connected my SLUSHERs to KY (unknown Co.) However, I have Angeline "Peachy" BROUGHTON (1828 unknown location-1862 Percy, Randolph Co., IL) marrying Samuel Wesley HIGGERSON. Through daughter Nancy Jane HIGGERSON m. Albert K. KILLGROVE and their son Alfred KILLGROVE (1870 Culter, Perry Co., IL - 1960 Sparta, Randolph Co., IL) m. Mary Cerena SLUSHER (1871-1960 Randolph Co., IL)daughter of Marion F.(rancis?) SLUSHER b. (about 1848 probably in KY - 1924 Randolph Co., IL)

Do any of these names, dates, or locations sound at all familiar to you?

Re: SLUSHER/BROUGHTON Connection

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 9:08AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2004 10:52AM GMT
Cate, I am the great-granddaughter of Nancy Jane Higgerson and Albert Killgrove. Their son Lyman Orlando married Sylvia Ann Bowerman; their daughter is my mother Vivian S Killgrove. Could you please help me with information on Peachy Broughton. Thank You. shirleyschweizer@hotmail.com

Re: SLUSHER/BROUGHTON Connection

Posted: 5 Oct 2006 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2006 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: BROUGHTON - HIGGERSON
Shirley,
Did you ever receive info on Peachy Ann Broughton Higgerson?

Happily in Christ,
Harlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions