Search for content in message boards

Martin & Mae Tempy White

Martin & Mae Tempy White

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information regarding the Whites in Opelousas. My grandfather, Arthur White (Black), was born in Opelousas in 05/1891. His father was Rev. Martin White and mother, Mae Tempie Glaze, from Freetown, LA.

Re: Martin & Mae Tempy White

Meghan Green (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 6:12AM GMT
I don't have any specific info on your grandfather, but I am related to some Whites in the Plaisance area. My grandmother's name is Wiona White Thomas. Her father's name was Vallery White. He was married to Rosella Sam White. They lived in Plaisance, where my grandmother and some of her siblings still reside.

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2004 3:25PM GMT
Meghan,
Thanks for your reply. I am unsure of my grandfather's siblings but these Whites are from the Opelousas area. My great grandmother, Mae Tempy Glaze, was from the Freetown area. They are buried in the cemetary next to Little Zion Baptist Church in Opelousas. I will continue to search and will let you know if we are related.

Thanks,
Kim

Posted: 8 Oct 2003 9:42PM GMT
Hi Meghan,
Since my last email, I found more info on the Whites of St. Landry Parish. Martin White's parents were Henry and Celeste White. Henry was born in VA and Celeste in LA. Other siblings incld. Gilbert, Jane, Peggy, Henry Jr., Robert, Lewis, Martha Ann and Josephine. Please check with your gm regarding this info.

Douglas Castille (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2003 10:32PM GMT
I have a Mae Tempie White born November 10, 1917 and married to John Castille on October 19, 1935. I would like to know if you have any information on her parents. I have information of her descendants.

Posted: 19 Nov 2003 4:26AM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2004 3:25PM GMT
Your Mae Tempy is my mother's sister and my aunt. She resided in Roanoke, LA and was named after her grandmother Mae Tempy (who married to Martin White). Aunt Tempy's children are my first cousins. Please let me know how you are related to Aunt Tempy and Uncle John?

Your cousin,
Kim

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 1:53AM GMT
Hi Kim,
I guess we are cousin, my Aunt Tempie was married to my mother's brother John. Can you tell me any thing about the Castille side. I know the children of Tempie and John.
thanks
Maisha
mkudumu@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 30 May 2009 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: White/Tyree/Clark
I would like to ask your family some question about the surname WHITE... my e-mail: mrstilly90@yahoo.com

Posted: 30 May 2009 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: White/Tyree/Clark
hello I am in such of my family there surname WHITE. my e-mail: mrstilly90@yahoo.com I thank you in advance. lesleyspcc

Posted: 30 Jul 2009 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: white clark tyree lawson
I am family to WHITE surname: in Roanoke, VA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions