Search for content in message boards

byrd family

Posted: 25 May 2000 8:41AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 3:05AM GMT
I am looking for info on the byrds from scott co. tn. my father william sherman day son of alvis cade day and lula mae byrd day. if anone has any info please email me.
thanks in advance for help
cassie

Byrd

carole byrd (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2000 10:47AM GMT
Do you have any other information on Lula? Is she afro-american?
Posted: 28 May 2000 4:10PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 3:05AM GMT
lula is white, i remember that she had a brother named emmit.

Byrd

Caroline Jessie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 3:59PM GMT
My parents lived in Lafollette,Tn. My mother was a Day, Her name was Hilda, she had a brother named Henry, and one named Clyde. If you know of a cemetery where the Days are buried on one side and the Byrds on the other we are kin. My parents are buried in Scott County

Byrd's from Scott, TN

Posted: 19 Jul 2000 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2002 7:14AM GMT
Hi

My grandmother's parents were from Scott
TN. They were Barnrey Benard Byrd, and Della
Cordell. Barney's father was Peter Byrd b
abt. 1820 in Scott, TN, Peter's father's
name was Jessie Bire, b 1799 in N.C.
My grandmother's name was Charlene May
Byrd. b. 1900 in Chattanooga, TN. She had a
brother named Clyde Byrd. Their parents
Barney Benard Byrd, and Della died young
aroung 1911/12. Charlene was sent to live
with a relative or a friend in DC. I never
found out what happened to her brother Clyde
Byrd. Do you know anything? My email
address is byrdie92@hotmail.com. Please
email me. Maybe we can give each other info.

Thanks

Robin

reply to cassie

Phyllis Chamblin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:23AM GMT
Did Lula have another brother named James Everett? If so, e-mail me
Phyllis

Byrds of Scott County

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 4:02AM GMT
My mother, Effie Eileen Byrd was born 1900 in Helenwood. Her father was Milton Asbury Byrd; mother was Lissie Rossiter: grandfather was Peter Bird b. abt 1820, d. 1863 and his father was Jesse Bird. I have details from my grandfather Milton on down but very little about Peter and Jesse. I have a lot on the Rossiter side. Do we connect somehow?

Jack

Byrd's os Scott Co. Tenn

Milton Asbury Byrd (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2001 3:53AM GMT
Searching for all info on Byrd's; Milton..
his wife Nancy..other children..Milton's son
Jay G. Byrd was my grandfather..Milton was a
storekeeper in Helenwood..Died 1904..

Milton Byrd

Posted: 28 Apr 2001 11:14AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 4:02AM GMT
Milton was also my GF but by his second wife Melissa Rosser. He had two children by Melissa after your grandmother died: Dee Byrd and Effie Eileen Byrd, my mother. Milton joined the Union army when he was 13 and came down with the measles while he was serving at Chattanooga. Although, looking at his medical records it may have been a sexual desease. Jay had three brothers (the last 3 by Nancy) who all died at a very early age within about 2 years of each other.
Your grandmother died at a very young age, and the description of him, when he married Melissa was not something to attract a young woman, but he did marry Melissa. Melissa also died in her 30's and my Uncle Dee was retarded. Thank goodness, my mother was sane. It is believed that both wives, the 3 young boys and my uncle were all infected by Milton. He owned a bar and was shot in the mouth during an altercation at the bar.

Jay was my mother's favorite brother and she named her first child after him, but he died from small at the age of 10 months and is buried in Cut Cemetery along with Milton and a few others. Our youngest son's middle name is Jay as is his son and I have a nephew who also has the middle name Jay.

I have information about Peter Byrd, Milton's father. I will see if I can make up a Byrd report and get it to you either my email or snail mail. Do you have anything going back before Milton? I have a ton of info on Melissa, as she is related to the famous Hatfields, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, etc. She is also related to the Cranes who helped found New Haven, Conn., Newark and Elizabeth N.J.

Jack Evans

ps please contact me by email wjackevans@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions