Search for content in message boards

John Louden/Loudon

John Louden/Loudon

Posted: 20 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: LOUDEN, LOUDON, FENCE
From the Friday, 31 July 1896 Culver City Herald:
John Louden, better known as Grandfather Louden, died at the residence of his son Marvin Louden in this place last Sunday afternoon. The funeral services were held Monday afternoon at the Christian church, preaching by Rev. Fence. The remains were laid to rest in Poplar Grove Cemetery. He was one of the first settlers of our county, having lived here for fifty years. If he had lived a few months longer he would have been ninety-two years old, an age but few people ever achieve.

Re: John Louden/Loudon

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 10:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 3:25PM GMT
I am researching the John Loudon family of Washington County, Indiana and prior to that Argyle, Washington county, New York who originally came from Londonderry Ireland. Is this the same family as your's? Please respond. Thanks!

Steve Frevert (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2002 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Loudon
I just recently came across your John Loudon (maybe on World Connect?). It seems to be a coincidence, the two of them in Indiana at the same time. My Loudons were in Voluntown, CT in the 1700s, and then in Canaan/New Lebanon, NY in the early 1800s before John came to Indiana- first to LaPorte Co., then Marshall Co. in the early 1830s.

Posted: 15 Mar 2002 6:40PM GMT
Thanks for response. My John Loudon came from londonderry, Ireland as a lad to Argyle, New York where he married Lovina Lee and they moved to Indiana about 1832. John and Lovina are buried at Covetanter cemetery near Salem, Indiana. Think there is any connection?

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 3:27PM GMT
My Loudons were in Voluntown, CT by the mid to late 1700s and supposedly were of Scottish origin.

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 3:27PM GMT
My Loudons were in Voluntown, CT by the mid to late 1700s and supposedly were of Scottish origin.

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 4:33AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 3:18AM GMT
steve, i just ran across your louden who live in ct. what was their name as i have a gggggrandfather who live in that area and his brother inthe mid to late 1700. They came from Scottland around 1770

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 2:45PM GMT
My gg grandfather was John Edward Loudon, b. in NY (probably Columbia Co.) 27 September 1805, d. in Marshall Co., IN on 26 July 1896. His father was Guyle Loudon, b. in Voluntown, CT in 1777, d. between 1830 and 1840, and Guyle's father was probably John Loudon. Any connections?

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 3:17PM GMT
Hi Steve. I don't think there is a connection at least in America but I appreciate your response. I sure had no idea there were so many Loudons! My family came from Londonderry, Derry, Ireland to New York in the very early 1800's. Joseph and Jane (McConnelle) Loudon were married before 1797 in Ireland and brought their family including young son John Loudon to the area of Argyle, Washington County, New York where they are buried. John Loudon married a Lovina Lee in New York and about 1832 they moved with their four children to Washington County Indiana where they are buried. It appears that some of the siblings of Joseph Loudon including George, Robert and Ann ended up in Washington County Indiana but by different routes. George Loudon first located in South Carolina where he married Mary Faris. The Loudon descendants later moved west to Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and of course elsewhere. My Loudon family ended up in Iowa. I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me at above address and family grouping or descendancy chart you have created so I can distinguish other Loudon families. Thanks!

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 3:27PM GMT
Hi Robert. Do you know where in Scotland your Louden family came from? I would be interested in being provided with the location because I believe that my Loudon family who came to New York from Ireland earlier emigrated from Scotland to Ireland and the information might be of help to me later. If you could give me names and palces and dates it would be great, Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions