Search for content in message boards

joshua b. bateman

joshua b. bateman

Vicki Davenport Theilacker (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2004 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
John I have the document you are referring to plus a few more. Joshua was a lawyer according to my documents. The documents I have say he was living in Charleston South Carolina in 1821 but he came from Washington County North Carolina. His land was sold to Joshua B Davenport and Issac Bateman in Washington County on 17th of November 1851. After Joshua died the family must have moved to Macon county Alabama. I have probate papers from there giving guardianship of the younger children to Andrew and Zennida dated July 1851. This document is in bad shape but if you would like a copy let me know.

Re: joshua b. bateman

Posted: 25 May 2011 12:21AM GMT
I am interested in Joshua B. Davenport. A friend gave me a letter written to Joshua B. Davenport in 1864 concerning some slaves that were being boarded by a Farley Ellis in Salisbury, NC. It is a very interesting letter because it details how much it was costing Ellis to board the slaves. The letter was written by a friend of Davenport. I was wondering if any of your papers would have information pertaining to Ellis or any friends of Davenport in the Salisbury area.

Re: joshua b. bateman

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Bateman
I am a descedent of Margarett and Joshua B. Bateman. I am researching Joshua now. I have information on Margarett and her children. They went to Jefferson, Texas and that is where they settled for several yrs. I am a direct descedent of Julia Jane Bateman Manley. I would love to have copies of documents you have and will share photos that I have of Margarett and the children. Cathy Hubbard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions