Search for content in message boards

churches and stores

churches and stores

Posted: 19 May 2012 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 May 2012 9:29PM GMT
What is the name of the Baptist Church in the Field Store area? Where is it and the Clytes (I don't know how to spell it) in that area located. I lived in this area when I was ten.

LaD

Re: churches and stores

Posted: 20 May 2012 3:36AM GMT
I wonder if you mean Cliett (for Clytes). Is this a family name? Give us more facts such as family names, dates, events, memories.
We can't guess what year you were ten years old.
Someone can probably help with more info.
Sally Ray Reeves

Posted: 20 May 2012 8:47PM GMT
I lived there in the mid 1940's. On place I lived was on Field Store Road just south of Joseph Road. The church and store was to the east. The Brenemans and Stokleys are relatives.

Posted: 20 May 2012 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Breneman, Hafer, Sheffield, Hargrave,
I lived there in the mid 1940's. One place I lived was on Field Store Road just south of Joseph Road owned by a man named Izzard. The church and store was to the east. The Brenemans and Stokleys are relatives.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 10:26PM GMT
the Baptist Church was Friendship Baptist Church sitting at th corner of Kickapoo and Joseph Road. the Stokleys all live on FM1488, Judge Delores Hargrave is our JP for the past few years, The Baptist church is no longer part of the Soughtrn Bapt. Convention, it like independent. the place is filling up with nice people. We NOW have eough voters in NE Waller County that we get attention from our county fathers (commissioners court), good roads, good Sheriff and deputies, great place to live. We now have bridges high enough that we can get out in thunderstorms. Can't remember the other names you asked about.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 10:34PM GMT
You asked about the Brenenmans... I think that is the elderly couple that grew fanatastic blackberries. I believe they have died, but there are probably their children or grandchildren still around. I am kin to the Stokley's also.

My grandfather, Henry Abud Norris, his brother, George Norris' daughter married a Stokley. George's wife died here in the Joseph Road community while visiting their daughter about 1938 era. She was buried in Liberty Co., Texas in the Norris Cemetery where they had moved due to the daught...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic