Search for content in message boards

the Freeman and Jessie James conection

the Freeman and Jessie James conection

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 4:39PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 2:52AM GMT
At some point in my ex husbands family (he's a Freeman), a James (from the outlaws family) married into the Freeman family. Anyone with information about this, please let me know.

Freeman/James

Posted: 30 Mar 2000 2:54PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 9:30PM GMT
I have a few Freeman/James marriages. But they desend from Jesse Ballard James. I can't find the connection with Jesse James family. There were several James and Freeman families in Mo. You need to know which line your relation comes from.

Freeman/ James

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 9:31AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I don't know much at this time about the relations between the two. I know that Hiram James had a daughter named Elsina (sp?) and she married a William David Freeman. They were from down in southern Mo....Vanzant, Mountain Grove area and William is buried in Topaz. Would you let me know the names that you have in order that I may compare them to information I am awaiting from Williams great grandson. Oh.....William and Elsina had (as far as I know now) 3 sons...Emil, Quilla, and Noble. Thanks again for your reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

Freeman/James

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 6:51PM GMT
Tracy, I have a Hiram Lewis James, b 24 Feb. 1844, son of Jesse Ballard James, married Julia Ann Freeman on 22 Sept. 1867 in Douglas County, Mo. Does not list Julia' parents. I do not have any other info on that couple. I can't find William D. Freeman, or Elsina. Might check Douglas County census or Mo. census.

Freeman/James

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 6:51PM GMT
Tracy, I have a Hiram Lewis James, b 24 Feb. 1844, son of Jesse Ballard James, married Julia Ann Freeman on 22 Sept. 1867 in Douglas County, Mo. Does not list Julia' parents. I do not have any other info on that couple. I can't find William D. Freeman, or Elsina. Might check Douglas County census or Mo. census.

Freeman/James conn.??

Freeman, Charles D. (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:04PM GMT
Excuse me for butting in, was searching for
any info about my geat grandfather, Charles.
He dissipeared in 1870 from near his home,
which is approximately 25 miles from the
Jessie James home place, (that's the only
conn.we/them) C. Freeman was a "gandy dancer"
(maintenance man) on the Wabash railroad, we
believe he worked his way down from Michigan.
He was never heard of after that. My grand-
father was born about the time of his fathers'
dissapearance so there little known. Any
informatin about this family branch will
tremendiously be appreaciated.

Hiram James

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 8:21AM GMT
Thank you for responding. It would appear that the Hiram you speak of is the one I am requesting info on. He did marry Julia Ann Freeman. Please send me any info you care to share. I appreciate it...Thanks/ Tracy
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 8:25AM GMT
Susan, one more thing, I have a bit of information on William and Elsina...not alot, but a little if you are interested. Just let me know/ Thanks Tracy

Hiram James

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 5:20PM GMT
Tracy, What I have is a book on the descendants of Milton Simmons, who was married to Elizabeth James. It appears that your Hiram and my Mary Elizabeth James were brother and sisters.
Jesse Ballard James son of Joseph James and Elizabeth Ballard, b. ca. 1803 in Va. d. March 1861 in Ozark co. killed by bushwackers. There are 2 marriage records returned by John Barnes in Monroe Co.,Ind. for Jesse James. 4 May 1820 to Rebecca Givens and 10 Jan. to Rebeccan Gibson. We are assuming this is a mistake the minister made in his returns and Jesse married Rebecca Gibson on one of those dates. Second marriage was to Elizabeth Campbell on 2 June 1856 in Springfield, Mo. Her first husband was a Benge, 2nd to a Bridges and 4th Harry Clark. The following have been proven as children of Jesse Ballard James. Some have named Susan, Garrett, and Rebecca (Betty), who was also known as Mary Elizabeth, but in documents I have she only signed Elizabeth James Pierce.
Children 1st wife:
Lucinda James b. ca. 1826 Ind. m. Ira Brisco ca. 1844 Mo.
Joseph T. H. James b. ca. 1827 Ind. d. in Civil War.
William M. James b. 11-16-1830. d. 6-15-1915 in Mo.
Rachel Jane James b. ca. 1832 Ind. m Jackson Freeman ca. 1848.
John Ballard James b. ca. 1835 Ark, m Catherine Driskell 6-10-1858 Ozark County, Mo. d. during Civil War
Hiram Lewis James, b. 2-24-1844 Mo. m Julia Ann Freeman 9-22-1867 Douglas County, Mo.
2nd wife ?
James P. James b. 4-9-1857 Ozark County, Mo. d. 1873 age 16
Nancy Ann P. James b. 12-21-1859 Ozark Co. Mo. m. Jesse Ballard James, son of William and Phoebe Perkins James. #49 above.
I also have some census records for some of the various James as well. I remember you saying something about one of the cousins killing another one. Joseph T. James'daughter was Nancy James apparently married a Blackburn and was charged with murder. Jesse B. and Elizabeth James, Mina James, John Williams, and John Blackburn and Thomas Wesbgano posted her bail but I can't find anything further. Hope this helps, I don't know who Julia Freeman's parents were. Do you? Let me know. Susan bfsinc@sktc.net
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 10:59AM GMT
Hello again....I am not certain at this time about Julia's parents but I am in touch with a gentleman who is a decendant of Henry Clay Freeman. His name is Victor and he is the g-grandson of William David Freeman,s brother Ike (William D is Elsina's husband, Elsina is one of Hiram Lewis James' daughters) So should he send the information,( I have asked) I will forward it to you./ Tracy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions