Search for content in message boards

Edward,George, Ned, Coleman and John Stewart of Adair County, MO. 1835

Edward,George, Ned, Coleman and John Stewart of Adair County, MO. 1835

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 5:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jul 2011 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I am researching my line and hve gotten back to my GG-Grandfather. Edward Stewart (My GG-Gfather) moved to Adair county ,Missouri from someplace in Virginia. Four brothers moved with him, George, Ned Coleman and John. They all moved to MO in 1835. Later in 1842 their brother Joseph also moved to Mo. If anyone has info on this Stewart line I would appreciate the help.

Re: Edward,George, Ned, Coleman and John Stewart of Adair County, MO. 1835

Jeremy Foutch (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2004 4:07PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2011 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
Eddie,

I have tried contacting you in multiple ways, I hope one of them works :)... My name is Jeremy Foutch and I believe we are researching the same line. My grandmother is Lois Jeanne Stewart, whos father was Willie Jennings Stewart, who's father was Edward Brown Stewart, who's father (I think) was Edward Stewart. As you probably know, illiteracy was a trend in this segment of the line which is most likely the reason that no records were kept. My father has also done a lot of work in this line. I am travelling to his house today to retrieve several boxes of information that he has already collected including some (poorly) hand written accounts, which I have no idea where he got them. I hope we can help each other, at least by comparing our information and checking for congruency from sources etc. Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted: 2 Aug 2010 10:05AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2011 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Patterson
Edward Stewart you are referring to can be found in the census with a Joseph Stewart. His death certificate is listed online with MO archives. I live in Adair County. Please email me as my Grandfather Andrew Jackson Patterson was his grandson. Jack's mother, Bertha Helen, was a sister to your Willie. Her second husband, William Henry Patterson came from the same line of Stewarts. Henrys dad was George Patterson, son of Missouri Stewart Patterson, Claborn, Stivers. Missouri was the daughter of Joseph and Mariah Harden Stewart as well. To top it all off, Henrys mom and Berthas mom were Stivers sisters, and Missouri's last husband was a brother, Enoch, to those Stivers sisters. What a confusing family. Missouri married 3 times, all in adair co. marriage records online. My dad confirmed recently that Willie was a brother to Bertha. That means you were related to Velma Stewart Pope. I knew her well. She was Willies daughter.

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 7:34PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2011 3:32AM GMT
the stewart you are takrn about are my family john and luceritia stewart had sons edward and george ,coloman,william ,duagters elizabeth ,mary polly .my ggrandfather george stewart ,like to now what you now on this family email me at gayla.bear@yahoo.com ihave some you my not have hope to hear from you

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 9:34PM GMT
sir iv been trying to reach you and ask you if you kown of my family john stewart and luceritia stewart childern coloman,eliz,mary polly,edward,joesph,william,and my greatgrand father george w stewart ,there 7 childern bron to them looking for a link to who john and lucy real parents are not for sure lucreitia called lucy if that her real name but she list as that name anything would help gayla.bear@yahoo.com

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 7:39PM GMT
liketo kown if you have any more information on the stewart family im stell trying to fine, the john stewart andlucritia called lucy and what her last name was thay are edward parents i now thay come from va ,but cant fine who there fathers and mothers are hope you may kown gayla.bear@yahoo.com am a stewart .i am great grand duaghter, of there son geo bother of edward stewart.i live in des moines ia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions