Search for content in message boards

What happened to HENRY SPEER?

What happened to HENRY SPEER?

Posted: 9 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: SPEER, SPEAR, SPIER
My ancestor, Henry Speer, who was originally from Maryland, moved to Surry County, NC ca 1770. He, his wife Rachel, and his children (Samuel, Nancy, Mary, Henry, Squire Boone, maybe more) and several other Speer families who were cousins,left Surry County, NC sometime after 1800. I believe he went to Kentucky first, but later is reported to have died in Indiana (possibly in Lawrence County) where there are many Speer/Spear descendants even today. Would like to know maiden name of Henry's wife, and what happened to them. When did they die and where are they buried.

Re: What happened to HENRY SPEER?

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 4:34AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2004 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: SPEER/BOONE
Dear Sir,

I have information on the maiden name of Rachel. Her maiden name was BOONE. I am a descendant of Daniel Boone. I have been searching for years about the background. I haven't been able to get anywhere until today. I would like for you to come to MyFamily.com at my family site and join the family tree. Please, if you have ANY information on the BOONES, or SPEERS, please contact me at aunt_jelly64@yahoo.com. My Instant messenger for yahoo is aunt_jelly64. My name for Aol's Instant messenger, is Christjewel64. Please reply to this message. I am extatic that I finally made a connection to this side of the family. My grandmother, Violet Noel Sharp married James Clarence VATER ADAMS, SR. He died 4/30/2002 and Grandma Noel passed away recently 11/18/2003. Her mother's name was Caroline Belle (Carrie) MOFFETT SHARP. I can give you all sorts of info on the SHARPs and MOFFETTs. I have some on the ROMJUEs. I am building up a huge gedcom file for all branches of the family tree. I will send you an invitation to ALL IN THE FAMILY at MyFamily.com. I think that we need to meet online and exchange some information. I have some blanks that I need to fill up. Jean (Dr. John) ROMJUE married Nancy SPEER, who's mother was Rachel BOONE and father was Henry SPEER. I am from Sarah Elizabeth 1842-1876 ROMJUE's line. She married Charles Daniel MOFFETT 1836-1907. MY HOTMAIL ISN"T WORKING, so please send the reply to my Yahoo email. I would appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Julie ADAMS Christian
Ancestor of RACHEL BOONE

Re: What happened to HENRY SPEER?

Frances H. Casstevens (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2004 9:31AM GMT
Surnames: Speer, Boone
Julie, so nice to hear from you. You are the first descendant I have ever heard from of the children of Henry Speer who went with him to Kentucky. Please e-mail me for further talk.
Where did you learn that Rachel, Henry's wife, was a Boone? I can't document it. Our family legend is that Jane Elizabeth Speer, granddaughter of Henry and Rachel, was a niece or great-niece of Daniel Boone. A lot of descendants carr the name Squire Boone or Daniel Boone, even my own father. It is so frustrating. I hope to fill in the missing pieces before I die.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions