Search for content in message boards

John Blackford Sr.

John Blackford Sr.

Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: BLACKFORD
Hello:

My ancestor John Blackford Sr.b. 1687 and died in Middlesex Co. in 1749. He lived on Bound Brook near Piscataway. His wife name was Ruth ?. I am looking for their place of buriel.

Any information or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Nancy M. Boyd

Blackfords

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:23AM GMT
Surnames: Blackford
Hi. My wife, I believe,is also descended from that line. Don't have buriel dates but am just trying to prove this line. Can you help me? I think my wife is descended from John and Ruth then through John and Hannah Martin, then Jeremiah and Mary Kelly, then John and Elizabeth Buckles, and finally to their daughter Mary Blacford who as born in 1803 on Ohio and married Daniel Sills. Really looking for verification. Sorry I am not able to help you with burial dates. Can you help me?
thanks so much,
Ed

Re: John Blackford Sr.

Shirley Guzzi (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 3:47AM GMT
John Blackford Sr. was married to Ruth Sutton. He is also a direct ancestor of mine! His parents were Samuel Blackford, Sr., b. 1640 in England, d. 1711 in Piscataway, and Hannah Ann Smalley, b. June 14 1641 in Plymouth, MA, d. aft 1708 in Eastham, MA. Hannah's parents were John Smalley, b. 1615 in Bideford, Devonshire, England, d. July 30 1692 in Piscataway, and Ann Walden, b. 1616 in Eastham, MA, d. January 29, 1693 in Piscataway (they were married Nov 29 1638 in Plymouth, MA).

Re: Blackfords

Posted: 5 May 2002 3:55AM GMT
I'm also a descendant of John & Ruth Blackford, through their son John Jr. & Hannah Martin, then Nathaniel & Mary McNeal (Jeremiah's brother). John's father was Samuel Blackford, Sr., b. 1640 in England. His mother was Hannah Ann Smalley, b. June 14 1641 in Plymouth, MA. John Blackford Sr. & Jr. appear on the Charter of the Scotch Plains Baptist Church which was founded August 1742. Would love to swap any more info you have!

Posted: 10 May 2002 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2004 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Blackfords, Sutton, Smalley, Martin, Buckles, Kelly
Hi Shirley. Nice to hear from you. Yes, I too would like to share info. At this point in time I don't have a lot of info in my database. I plan too asap. I have the data but just haven't had the time to get it into my computer. I do have the will of John Blackford Sr. as well as that of John Jr. entered and would be glad to send them to you as an .rtf file you if you don't already have them.
Seems to be a lot of descrepancies such as where John's father Samuel was born and who he married. Hard to know what is right without proper documentation. I went to this web site:

http://familyheritage.org/surnames/blackford/blackford.htm

and found some good info and then clicked on Blackford Family History at the bottom of the page and went to the other super Blackford links such as that of Nancy Boyd and Greg Kinney. Both have been extremely helpful to me.

Again, I would like to share my data but have to get it into the computer. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ed Lincoln (Linc421@aol.com)

Posted: 10 May 2002 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Blackford, Martin
I would love to have copies of the wills you mentioned, as I do not have them yet. I am just beginning my research, and most of the findings are from the internet and not verified yet. I did find one bit of interesting information. John Jr.'s wife Hannah Martin is a direct descendant of Edward Fuller, one of the passengers on the Mayflower! I am working on documenting that line in order to be accepted into The Mayflower Society (and have access to their records for more information).

Posted: 15 May 2006 5:23PM GMT
Hi ,I noticed your posting, I am desc. of Martins,etc- & memb. of mayflower soc., would rather talk than use computer..my phone#407-774-1271, or give me yours & I will call....Doug. Marshal
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions