Search for content in message boards

Cheney's of Cheneyville, Rapides Parrish, LA

Cheney's of Cheneyville, Rapides Parrish, LA

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 5:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on the Cheney family from Cheneyville, Rapides Parrish, Louisiana. My great grandmother was Ellen Cheney, who married into the Keary family. Thanx!

Re: Cheney's of Cheneyville, Rapides Parrish, LA

Posted: 26 May 2005 10:59PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2006 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Cheney
I am searching for information on a Joseph Cheney who married a Mariah Voorhies in 1879 in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana.

Thanks

Denise Keary (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 1:08AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2005 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Cheney
Hello Nita,

I'll ask an aunt of mine who's done a lot of geneology research on our families and will get back with you next week.

Denise Keary

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 4:54AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Cheney, Chaney
I have extensive records on the Cheney's (and Chaney's) of Cheneyville going back to William Fendon Cheney who founded Cheneyville in 1811. William Fendon Cheney was the son of John Cheney who was the son of James Chaney of VA.

Please contact me to swap information.

Denise Keary (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2005 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: Keary, Sullivan, Cheney
Thank you so much for your response. I'll forward your message to my aunt, Geri Keary, who's really picked up and ran with the "geneology ball".

Posted: 22 Nov 2007 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: kilpatrick, tanner, robert
Hi,
do you have any information about Kilpatrick, Tanner or Robert families. These are my ancestors who lived there in the 1800s.

thanks
bob kilpatrick

Posted: 22 Nov 2007 12:59AM GMT
Hi Bob - I'm definitely familiar with the Tanner name in Cheneyville. Pretty sure they were a prominent family there. I did a search a few years ago for rare/out of print books regarding Rapides Parrish & the Cheneyville/Alexandria area and found great info. Those books are in storage but will be going there this weekend and would be happy to photocopy all information about the Tanner/Robert/Kilpatrick families. I also found a lot of luck searching the census records and the cemetery records (both online). Denise Keary

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 11:50PM GMT
Denise,
good to hear from you. I will check the census and cemetery records on-line. It's a marvel that you've heard of the Tanners and I'd greatly appreciate anything from the books you mentioned.

thanks

bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions