Search for content in message boards

Paynes in Hall and Cherokee Counties Georgia

Paynes in Hall and Cherokee Counties Georgia

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Huckabee
I am researching the following Paynes: Joseph Silavian Payne born about 1846 in SC died 10/29/1918 in Ga. He married Emily Malissie Jane Huckaby who died 04/19/1899. They married 10/14/1869 in Hall County. His father seems to be John B. Payne and his mother was named Lydia. He has daughters Martha and Margaret who never were married. Several sons, one named Truman Sanford Payne. John and Lydia were born around 1800 give or take 10 years. They lived in Hall County in 1840 and 1850. John Payne with wife: Lydia and several children). In 1840 I belive I have him as J.B or S. Payne in Hall county. In 1860 I find only Lydia and chilren in the census in Hall Co. That leads me to belive he died between 1850 and 1860. I believe he was born around 1800 + or - 5 years. In 1870 I have Lydia in Cherokee County. I have a web site but liitle informaton on the Paynes. I have some pages to post with some of this informaton. If you can assist, please contact me. Website is www.maxhsmith.com/payne.html

Re: Paynes in Hall and Cherokee Counties Georgia

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Dell
My information stops at John B. Payne and Lydia Dell. I can give you some information beyond him if you will e-mail me at gen-search@cox.net.
Hazel

Re: Paynes in Hall and Cherokee Counties Georgia

Posted: 2 Mar 2009 9:44PM GMT
I'm not sure if my Paynes are the same as yours, but was one of his sons names Lewis Austin, born 23 Aug 1847. I've been researching Lewis' family for some time and I know that was his birthday and he was born in Georgia. I also have some reason to believe someone in his family had won a plot in the 1832 Cherokee County Land Lottery so that would tie his family to your location. I have no information at all on his parents other than a suspicion his father's name was John Payne. Lewis married a Mary Ella Hawkins and later another Mary and died in Denton Texas. If this is one of the sons in your line please let me know and I'll be glad to share any info I have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions