Search for content in message boards

Helsinger, Radtke

Helsinger, Radtke

Posted: 31 Aug 2003 5:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Dec 2004 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Helsinger, Radtke
I am searching for information on my Uncles Family. So far this is what I have: Carl/Karl Helsinger came from Germany to escape military service. When he arrived in the US he changed his first name to Charles. He married Bertha Radtke
in Milwaukee in 1912. They had 2 children Gilbert (My Uncles father) and Roland. My uncle is an only child but remembers
his unccle Roland as having at least 6 children. He has no knowledge of names or places. Any information on any of these persons would be welcome.

Re: Helsinger, Radtke

Posted: 5 May 2006 2:58AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2006 2:26PM GMT
I believe we are looking for the same information. Your great , great, great uncles Charles (Karl) was born in Halberstadt, Germany and he had a brother names Fritz who's name changed to Fred later. Karl came to America in 1911 and Fritz 2 years later.

My grandmother was related to them, the two were her uncles. My fathers aunt used to receive packages from them here in America and she rembers them visiting her in the late 1930's, before the war with their whole family.

I can't find family member from Fritz, I don't believe he and his wife Louise ever had children and I believe he died in California.

I am looking for any information about Roland, but would appreciate anything that you may have.

Please contact me anytime.

Re: Helsinger, Radtke

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 11:54PM GMT
Laurie,
Is your uncle related to Bertha or to Charles? How is he related to them?
I should be able to help you.
Regards,
Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic