Search for content in message boards

Asa Blanchard

Asa Blanchard

Mike Barton (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BLANCHARD, BLANCETT, BLANCHYARD, BLANSETT
I am looking for the grave site of Asa BLANCHARD - a well known silversmith in Lexington who died Sept 15, 1838. At the time he was married to Hester HARRIS BLANCHARD of Woodford Co.

I am also looking for the grave of his sister Catherine BLANCETT BUTLER.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Asa Blanchard

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Blanchard
Mike, I am looking for the same information regarding ASA and Catherine Blanchard / Blancett.

I especially need to find the names of their parents and other siblings (if any). Did they have relatives in Brown County, Ohio? Or Mason County, Kentucky?

I am glad to share information.

Warmest Regards,

Donna

Posted: 8 Jul 2008 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Blanchard
The Asa and Catherine Blanchard/Blancet I am researching are borther and sister. I beleive they came from Prince William Co VA, also into Charles Co MD. Catherine was one about my 5th or 6th great grandmother. Asa was her brother.

Catherine and her husband Caleb Butler migrated to KY in the mid 1790's, as near as I can tell Asa was in Lexington KY by 1810 and perhaps sooner.

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 4:23PM GMT
Hi Donna,
I know this is a long time after your post. I have some information on VA Blansett/KY Blanchard.

However, I have been unable to find any records in VA that help us with the parents or other siblings of Asa and Catharine (who married Caleb Butler). Their grandchildren did move to other parts of Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. Please let me know if you are still interested and we'll share.

Jeff

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 2:10AM GMT
Hello:

I too am working on the family tree http://members.tripod.com/Blansett/

i have lost all my info on asa blancett.

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 7:03PM GMT
It has always been my suspecion that she is buried somewhere in Madison co, the Butler brothers had land south of Bybee and west of the KY River.

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 11:07AM GMT
Since her husband Caleb Butler was buried there and has a tombstone, any idea why his wife does not seem have been buried near him and have a stone also?

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 1:42PM GMT
Caleb and family migrated to KY from Pr Wm Co Va sometime between 1795 and 1800. First he was in Lexington, then he got land in Woodford co, very near the Jessamine Co line. He died in 1835 and is buried on in the butler family cemetery (go to www.findagrave.com and search for the cemetery or for all of the butlers buried in Jessamine co KY, he is there (I put him there), his wife Catherine was still alive in 1850 and was living with one of her son's brothers-in-law (Brook Butler and her son Walker T. Butler in the area I spoke of in Madison Co. When Brook died sometime after 1850 they took him to Jessamine Co to be with the rest of the family. However, they did't do that with Catherine, Why? No idea! Neither was Walker. I have been unable to find either of their graves, so far! If you find them let me know.

What is your relationship, to them?

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 2:23PM GMT
Thanks for that info. I had Catharine listed as dying in 1837. If I get any more information, I'll let you know. I have been able to trace the line of one of Catharine's children, Asa Blanchard Butler to the current time, but have not been successful with Catherine's brother Asa Blanchard, which is where my interest lies. I have been trying to find the missing pieces of the silversmith's life.

I am no relation, just an interested party.

Posted: 14 Aug 2010 5:46PM GMT
Good Luck!

My search is primarly to show that the VA Asa Blansett and the KY Asa Blanchard are actually the same person. I am convinced they are but I have not found the smoking gun. Everything I've assemled amounts to an excellent circumstantial case that he is but ....

My research in the VA State Archives showed that an Asa Blansett was paying personal property taxes in Prince Wm Co up through 1806. He next appears in Lexington Ky in the 1810 census as Blanchart, H T B Asa. Then in 1820 as Afa Blachard.
He survived Rebecca by two years. She is reported to have died as the
"consort of Asa Blanchard, of Lexington...Saturday, May 28, 1836."

He died September 15, 1838, at an advanced age."

From an Email note:

Neither is buried in the historic Lexington Cemetery. Probably were buried in the old City of Angels where the current First Baptist Church is located on Short Street.

I am the Fayette County Attorney, one who sprang from SC and AL; I'm an ardent genealogist. One of my very dear political mentors and a Kentuckian is busily trying to find the records for the old cemetery, which became a crypt in the basement of the church. On Tuesday last, while chasing down massive civil issues about a local Af/Am cemetery, I provided the Coroner's office (by Constitution I represent same) with a 12-page print out of Fayette County cemeteries... We were all shocked at the number I found.

Will be happy to assist in any way I can. Blanchard's silver is awesome.

Margaret Adamson Hester Kannensohn
Fayette County Kentucky
163 West Short Street, 7th Floor
Lexington KY 40507
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions