Search for content in message boards

Wesley and Rhoda E Hisaw Pennington

Wesley and Rhoda E Hisaw Pennington

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 3:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes/Hisaw/Pennington
Looking for any info on Wesley and Rhoda E Hughes Hisaw Pennington. She died may 3, 1943 in Dallas, Texas but lived in Waller County, Texas for a lot of her married life. Wesley died earlier but not sure when. Looking for any info on this couple. Thank you

Re: Wesley and Rhoda E Hisaw Pennington

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 10:18PM GMT
Are you truly passing on the opportunity to, personally, find your kinfolks?(lol) For the record, Wesley Pennington (the elder) [15 Apr 1857 - 22 Nov 1936] buried Mueschke Cemetery of Harris County. No death certificate found. In addition to children already identified (Wesley, Woody, Bessie, and Clyde) they apparently had son Elmo ca. 1913? They're found 1930 Harris-Precinct 4-District 192-Image 22. The elder Wesley and Rhoda buried under a joint headstone as "grandparents". Let me know if you need assistance?

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 1:09PM GMT
Sir I have been working on a different side of my family recently and was giving some info to a lady about her family and just inadvertantly asked if she was related to any hughes/Simms in Red River County when you so kindly started helping me. At the moment I only have a little over 1200 people in my tree and
recently have been working on other branches than the Hughes/Simms line, but I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 1:20PM GMT
I've got your back, but at this moment I'm paying bills. Check back in 30 minutes.

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 1:42PM GMT
Eldest child born to Rhoda Hughes/Wesley Pennington was Wesley Douglas Pennington (9 Sep 1905 - 30 Dec 1975). His wife was Ada Bell Ratcliff (26 Sep 1911 - 11 Mar 1987). They're found 1930 Harris-Precinct 4-District 192-Image 2. Also part of that image was his brother's (Woody) family plus their parents/siblings. Next, "Westley"/Ada found 1940 Harris>Other Places>101-44B>Image 41. Their children: Douglas(8), Joyce(6), Amelia(4), and Richard(1). Later, Ernest Jearl(Jeral) Pennington was born. Having first/middle/surname makes it easier to validate research. Ernest/Elizabeth Ann Ellis had Jennifer Marie and Veronica Michelle in Harris County.

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 2:08PM GMT
Woody(Woodie) Clarence Pennington (12 Jan 1907 - 14 Oct 1989) born after Wesley. His wife was Lelia May Dunn (14 Apr 1909 - 24 Apr 2001). Find them 1940 Harris>Other Places>101-51A>Image 6. Their children: Amos W.(12), James W.(10), Donna L.(7) [actually: Donald Lee], Shirley L.(4), and Marlin C.(6/12). Lots of info on this family. Amos Woodie (21 Oct 1927 - 23 Apr 2005) died in Montgomery County. His wife was Esther Katherine Muller and they had Cynthia Ann in Montgomery. James' middle name recorded as William and/or Wilson on records. James Wilson Pennington (9 Dec 1929 - 31 Aug 2008) died in Livingston. His wife was Patricia Jean Lagoudis and they had daughters Jerry Lynn (Herren) and Sharon Kay (Thurman) plus Glen William in Harris County. Also found birth record for Pamela Gale in Waller County. There is an onine obit for James viewable on ancestry.com. Donald Lee Pennington (20 Jan 1933 - 11 Aug 2007) died in Grimes County. His wife was Jane Ellen Theis and they had Kirk Douglas and Jason Kyle in Harris County. Marlin Claude Pennington wed Loretta Joyce Gossen. They had Debra Lynn and Penny Lee in Harris County. Unable to validate Shirley L. who may have been Shirley Louise?

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 2:10PM GMT
Bessie (nee: Pennington) Musgrove married Belton Musgrove. No children found for this couple.

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 2:22PM GMT
Clyde George Pennington (28 Dec 1910 - 24 May 1963) wed Cora Lucile Mallard. Find them 1940 Harris>Other Places>101-44B>Images 40 & 41. Their kids: David(6), Dale(5), Jerry(4), and Bruce(1). Neighbor was his mom "Roda"(59) and brother Dudd(32). Texas Birth Index has different dates for Clyde David and William Dale Pennington births? Anyway, Clyde/Katherine Beatrice Kotsios had David Michael, Lonnie Paul, Laurie Katherine, and Larry Doyle in Harris County. William Dale Pennington/Jimmie Rene Gyger had daughters Jimmie Dale and Terry Gale plus Steven Kent in Harris County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions